Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 1.7.2

No permission to download
@Xon how can I remove the Warnings tab on user profile pages?

I've checked through the options, usergroup permissions, and template modifications and I can't seem to find a way to disable it? I only want moderators to be able to see that tab.

Thanks,
Shaun :D

@Xon how can I remove the Warnings tab on user profile pages?

I've checked through the options, usergroup permissions, and template modifications and I can't seem to find a way to disable it? I only want moderators to be able to see that tab.

Thanks,
At the moment the implicit assumption is users can see their own warnings. I can add an option to change with that assumption perhaps sometime this weekend.

Are you still ok with warning alerts & warning point totals being shown?

At the moment the implicit assumption is users can see their own warnings. I can add an option to change with that assumption perhaps sometime this weekend.

Are you still ok with warning alerts & warning point totals being shown?

No - I'd prefer the whole Warnings tab is removed and members cannot see it at all (although mods / admins still need to see it).

For our use we've installed the add-on to specifically take advantage of the 'Alerts' for warnings as this is our preferred way of communicating them. I realise the scope of the add-on is wider and wouldn't ask you to change or compromise it, but if this can be easily accommodated as an option I'd certainly appreciate it. (y)

Thanks,

Hey @Xon -

It appears that if a deleted thread or post is associated with a warning, it comes up as "Content: N/A" for the user when viewing the warning info, however the title and link are shown for soft-deleted items for those with access; like mods. (Our default action is to delete the item.)

Could the add-on be adjusted to show at least the title for the user and the title and link (if not hard-deleted) for mods? This would greatly cut down on our user confusion.

Thanks for considering.

Is it possible use this to have warnings always sent from a default admin account set up for that purpose? It seems to me that having warnings come directly from a moderator/admin will potentially embroil that moderator or admin in a conversation that eats up yet more of that person's valuable time. Sending warnings from a user named, for example, Warning Administrator, would relieve the warning giver of the seemingly inevitable conversation from the person who was warned.

If there's a solution to this issue that I'm missing somewhere (in the default Xenforo program), I'd love to know.

Thanks.

will thiss addon clash with moderatr essential addon?
I don't believe so, but I would be willing to work with @Daniel Hood to fix any issues.

I think the only two features which may conflict are:
  • Option to limit custom warnings to administrators only.
  • Option to have the warning's "start conversation" checkbox unchecked by default.

Is it possible use this to have warnings always sent from a default admin account set up for that purpose? It seems to me that having warnings come directly from a moderator/admin will potentially embroil that moderator or admin in a conversation that eats up yet more of that person's valuable time. Sending warnings from a user named, for example, Warning Administrator, would relieve the warning giver of the seemingly inevitable conversation from the person who was warned.

If there's a solution to this issue that I'm missing somewhere (in the default Xenforo program), I'd love to know.

Thanks.
Excellent resource and an anonymous PM would be a killer feature to top it off as it will save significant admin time in being embroiled in unnecessary PMs from disgruntled warning recipients!

Excellent resource and an anonymous PM would be a killer feature to top it off as it will save significant admin time in being embroiled in unnecessary PMs from disgruntled warning recipients!
In the next version, I haven't yet implemented anonymous PMs. But anonymized alerts and warnings showing as coming from a specific user (rather than the one who issued it) work.

In the next version, I haven't yet implemented anonymous PMs. But anonymized alerts and warnings showing as coming from a specific user (rather than the one who issued it) work.

Now that would be a great addition - if the member doesn't know which mod/admin has sent the alert / PM they can't argue with them over it. :D

Anonymising where the PM came from (or a special "Moderator" account it can come from that we could set up) is just what we need. I think our moderators would moderate more because of it.

Is there an easy code edit to change the sending user id for a warning even to keep us going in the mean time?

Top Bottom