1. 1.4
  2. 1.5
Additional requirements
php 5.4+
License
MIT Licence
Visible branding
No
This add-on is untested to work with Tapatalk, and I am unable to support any conflicts which may be caused by the use of it.

A Collection of improvements to XF's warning system

This add-on expects all users able to issue warnings to be a member of the default Registered User's group. If this is not the case, you will not have permission to issue warnings until you:
  • Add every into the Registered Users group
or
  • Adjust the permissions in each Warning Category.
Warning; All user group titles will be visible if they are applied in a Warning Action

• Warnings/Bans with time-based expiry are now be removed on the 1st visit after the expiry time, rather than needing to wait for the hourly cron task to run.
  • Sortable warnings with categories
    • Drag & drop
    • Permissions per category
    • per-category warning actions, allowing warning actions to be only triggered from points in that category
  • Updated front-end using smart select menu, or radio boxes
  • User Criteria for warning points
  • Allow users to view their own warnings, and find which posts where warned.
  • Option to send an alert to a user when they receive a warning.
  • Allows the Custom Warning to be customized like other warnings (does not allow title to be changed)
  • Copy Warning title/text automatically to the public warning action field.
  • Allow non-custom Warnings to have thier Titles edited, opt-in
  • Use XenForo's AJAX handling on errors instead of breaking the current form.
  • Optional "Continue" button on the warning dialog, instead of a "warn" button for the first few tabs.
  • Allow the default content action to be set
  • Control defaults for user notification
    • Alerts
    • Lock PMs by default
  • Option to require a note when entering a warning
  • Ability to see warning actions applied to an account from the front-end
    • users may see warning actions agains thier account
    • automatically roll-up identical warning actions to show the latest expiry
    • per-group moderator permissions for editing/viewing all/disable summarization.
  • Additional conversation substitution replaceable for the warning conversation on submit.
    • {points}
    • {warning_title}
    • {warning_link}
  • Option to force new conversation email to be sent on a warning conversation.
    • Will send even if they are banned!
    • Always sends full conversation text.
    • This can ignore conversation privacy options.
  • Automatically extend default warning expires based on warning point total thresholds. Not accumulative, only the last matching threshold applies
  • Anonymise warnings and warning alerts as a particular user or as a generic 'Moderation Staff' (WarningStaff phrase).
    • Affects Alerts and Warnings.
    • Does NOT change conversations.
  • Round up warning expiry time to the nearest hour to avoid confusion over delays caused by XenForo task system's hourly schedule.
  • Option to log a warning summary to a thread. Phrase: Warning_Summary_Message, can use BBCode
  • New Warning Action actions triggered for the last valid warning action:
    • Post a new thread. Phrases Warning_Thread_Message & Warning_Thread_Title, can use BBCode.
    • Reply to an existing thread. Phrases Warning_Thread_Message, can use BBCode.

New Permission to control if a user can see who infracted them.
  • View Warning Issuer.
New moderator permissions for viewing warning actions.
  • View Warning Actions
  • Edit Warning Actions
  • Don't Summarize Warning Actions
Respects the "View Warning Details" permission for allowing a given user group to view warning details on everyone.

Giving "View Warning Details" allows users to view the 'private' warning note, and allows them to see who issued the warning!

Fully Phrased.

Options:
options.png

User Criteria (for notices and user promotions)
warning_criteria.png

Installation

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade to install this add-on.

Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "More Information" link.

Contributions

If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
  • alert-example.webp
    alert-example.webp
    6 KB · Views: 1,847
  • edit_custom_warning.webp
    edit_custom_warning.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,828
  • warning_action_mod_permissions.webp
    warning_action_mod_permissions.webp
    5.7 KB · Views: 1,373
  • warning_action_view.webp
    warning_action_view.webp
    9.1 KB · Views: 1,375
  • user_warning_actions_with_rollup.webp
    user_warning_actions_with_rollup.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,439
  • user_warning_actions_with_no_rollup.webp
    user_warning_actions_with_no_rollup.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,470
  • warning_action_edit.webp
    warning_action_edit.webp
    17 KB · Views: 1,361
  • extended_warning_defaults.webp
    extended_warning_defaults.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,985
  • warning_actions.webp
    warning_actions.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 876
  • radiobox-warn.webp
    radiobox-warn.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 721
  • admin-edit-warning-category.webp
    admin-edit-warning-category.webp
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,367
  • admin-warning.webp
    admin-warning.webp
    15 KB · Views: 1,349
  • select-menu-warn.webp
    select-menu-warn.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 680
Author
Xon
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 7 ratings

More resources from Xon

Latest updates

1. 1.7.2 - Bugfix update

Ensure Warning Action fixup background task terminates when there are no applicable warning...
  2. 1.7.1 - Bugfix update

Ensure form redirects back to content on issuing a warning Redirect back to content if the user...
  3. 1.7.0 - Feature update

Per-Warning definition option to allow moderators to edit a warning's title when issuing a...

Latest reviews

Works excellent along with Alert Improvements and Report Improvements. Very happy with less interaction required from our staff team.
Compreshensive warnings improvements allowing the categorisation of warnings with specific warnings accumulating points only in specific categories thereby facilitating warning actions based on separate categories of warning. Our users accumulate warning points for classified infractions independently of other types of infractions. Excellent.
This addon saves us a ton of work. Especially in combination with report improvements. Warn a member with a few clicks. For the majority of our warnings there is no need to write or define anything.

I would not run a forum without it.
The new ability to drag-and-drop categorize and order warnings is a five star review in itself :) Thank you!
This add-on is a must have on any community that has over 100 users. My favorite thing about the add-on so far is the fact that I can require my staff to fill in the notes field and justify their actions, and the fact the users can see their own warning history. I also like that it sends an alert on warnings, rather than just a private message. It also will email banned users to explain why they’re banned. To top it all off, Xon is extremely responsive for both support and feature requests!
perfect! very good add on (y) :) users can see his/her warnings to his/her profile.... i like it.. thanks
Does what it says! Giving our users ability to view their warnings helps a ton with transparency. Alerts are great, and I also love the option to require mods to fill in the "notes" field.
Top Bottom