Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 1.7.2

No permission to download
You broke it again ******** it! What the hell is warining actions ? Bans are not being lifted even if the warninig time is over. Agrrrrh!

Update: Might not be caused by the add-on. Still under investigation. But some user are stuck in the warned usergroup.

Last edited:
You broke it again ******** it! What the hell is warining actions ? Bans are not being lifted even if the warninig time is over. Agrrrrh!
The Warning action tab that is added to the user profile is the simply a front-end view for seeing (and expiring) the admin-side warning actions which enforce what happens when a user goes over a points threshold.

Update: Might not be caused by the add-on. Still under investigation. But some user are stuck in the warned usergroup.
Warnings are expired hourly, and depending on a scheduled task running.

I know the hourly update counter. But lately, a lot of users are permanently stuck in the restricted state. The Warning action is showing it wrong, saying that it will never expire. Yet it ******** will!

warning action.webp

Tells me it will never expire. Well, it was being expired until now. Something might not be right.

I know the hourly update counter. But lately, a lot of users are permanently stuck in the restricted state. The Warning action is showing it wrong, saying that it will never expire. Yet it ******** will!

View attachment 111263

Tells me it will never expire. Well, it was being expired until now. Something might not be right.
The Warning Actions being shown are generated by XenForo, this addon just shows them.

Please check the Warning Actions Definitions in the AdminCP and make sure they are correct.

@Xon

Is this compatible with Warnings by Waindigo and User Criteria by Waindigo?
It should be compatible with User Criteria, but I'm unsure about the 'Warnings by Waindigo' as both handle custom warnings and edit with the warnings configuration page in the admincp.

Additionally, I'm unsure how the forced email sending on a warning works with 'Warnings by Waindigo' implementation.

I will need todo some design work to figure out what works best, I've got some rough ideas but until it is released I can't say for sure.
I had another idea to throw your way. Is it possible to adjust Permissions so that users can see their own soft deleted posts? That way if a post receives a warning and is deleted, the warning in their profile will still link back to the original content so that they can see what they got it for.

I had another idea to throw your way. Is it possible to adjust Permissions so that users can see their own soft deleted posts? That way if a post receives a warning and is deleted, the warning in their profile will still link back to the original content so that they can see what they got it for.

An easier way to accomplish this is to include the content ("{content}") in the conversation/email message. Then they get their ban-worthy post emailed to them to read. ;)

Reactions: Xon
An easier way to accomplish this is to include the content ("{content}") in the conversation/email message. Then they get their ban-worthy post emailed to them to read. ;)
There is also the option to force the conversation to be sent even if they are banned, or not checked receiving conversation emails.

Xon updated Warning Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Feature update release

Automatically extend default warning expires based on warning point total thresholds. Not accumulative, only the last matching threshold applies.

Screenshot:
extended_warning_defaults-png.113687

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi , just upgraded from 1.10 to 1.20 and I'm getting errors about a missing table:
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xenforo.xf_sv_warning_default' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Lazy Llama, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 blah/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?            SE...')
#1 blah/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?            SE...')
#2 blah/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?            SE...')
#3 //forums/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?            SE...', Array, 2)
#4 blah/forums/library/SV/WarningImprovements/XenForo/Model/Warning.php(38): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('?            SE...', 'warning_default...')
#5 blah/forums/library/SV/WarningImprovements/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Warning.php(8): SV_WarningImprovements_XenForo_Model_Warning->getWarningDefaultExtentions()
#6 blah/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): SV_WarningImprovements_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Warning->actionIndex()
#7 blah/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 blah/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "http://blah/forums/admin.php?warnings/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["warnings/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Also getting:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access to undeclared static property: SV_WarningImprovements_Globals::$warningObj - library/SV/WarningImprovements/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php:7
Generated By: Blah User, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(63) "http://blah/forums/conversations/180420/insert-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/conversations/180420/insert-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(227) "<content removed>.&nbsp;<br><br>Will drop you a line via email.<br><br>Owen.
"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(51) "http://blah/forums/conversations/180420/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "3566902af62c956ee5e5b3d7d7e8ccea"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1439552525"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/forums/conversations/180420/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Last edited:
Hi , just upgraded from 1.10 to 1.20 and I'm getting errors about a missing table:
Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'xenforo.xf_sv_warning_default' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Lazy Llama, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 blah/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('?            SE...')
#1 blah/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '?            SE...')
#2 blah/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('?            SE...')
#3 //forums/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('?            SE...', Array, 2)
#4 blah/forums/library/SV/WarningImprovements/XenForo/Model/Warning.php(38): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('?            SE...', 'warning_default...')
#5 blah/forums/library/SV/WarningImprovements/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Warning.php(8): SV_WarningImprovements_XenForo_Model_Warning->getWarningDefaultExtentions()
#6 blah/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): SV_WarningImprovements_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Warning->actionIndex()
#7 blah/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 blah/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(49) "http://blah/forums/admin.php?warnings/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["warnings/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Also getting:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access to undeclared static property: SV_WarningImprovements_Globals::$warningObj - library/SV/WarningImprovements/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php:7
Generated By: Blah User, 10 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(63) "http://blah/forums/conversations/180420/insert-reply"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forums/conversations/180420/insert-reply"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(9) {
    ["message_html"] => string(227) "<content removed>.&nbsp;<br><br>Will drop you a line via email.<br><br>Owen.
"
    ["_xfRelativeResolver"] => string(51) "http://blah/forums/conversations/180420/"
    ["attachment_hash"] => string(32) "3566902af62c956ee5e5b3d7d7e8ccea"
    ["last_date"] => string(10) "1439552525"
    ["last_known_date"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(29) "/forums/conversations/180420/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Please re-upload the files, that sort of error can only happen if some of the files are out of date.

Then update/install-over-the-top with the version I just updated to make sure any required tables are created.

The files had definitely copied the first time so I guess they older ones may have been cached. I've had that with XF upgrades too.

Just a heads-up @Xon that censoring isn't applied to the warning viewing page:

upload_2015-10-23_1-23-29.webp

Thread title ...

upload_2015-10-23_1-24-3.webp

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom