Cannot reproduce Viewing permissions issue

PASS

Was just about to report this as well. I had some soft delete media prior to the upgrade. The thumbs would show but when I click on it, I got an error page. Also no options to hard delete or to do anything with it.

If not already implemented, please allow users to hard delete their media or include a tool for admins to prune soft deleted media. Sort of like AndyB's Show Deleted for posts. Thx!

Was just about to report this as well. I had some soft delete media prior to the upgrade. The thumbs would show but when I click on it, I got an error page. Also no options to hard delete or to do anything with it.
Hard deleting is already implemented, so if you can't see that then it would be permission related.

If not already implemented, please allow users to hard delete their media or include a tool for admins to prune soft deleted media. Sort of like AndyB's Show Deleted for posts. Thx!
We now have a "Batch update media" option in the Admin CP. You can use this to find soft deleted media and then hard delete it.

Hard deleting is already implemented, so if you can't see that then it would be permission related.

I had every permission set to yes for admin yet I had no options to do anything with any soft deleted media prior to the upgrade. I was only able to get rid of them via admin CP. Inline Moderation was a no go.

When viewing a soft deleted media item, if you click "Delete" you should get:
1506811282034.webp

Similarly if you use inline moderation:
1506811340006.webp

So, again, if you don't see the "Permanently delete" option then it will be permission related. You will need to use Admin > Groups & permissions > Analyze permissions to ascertain if there's anything overriding the permission to hard delete media (if it's even set).

We are talking about two different things.

The thumbs would show but when I click on it, I got an error page. Also no options to hard delete or to do anything with it.

All soft deleted media prior to the upgrade showed soft deleted thumbnails with links to error pages after the upgrade. No options available to do anything to the thumbnails. I could check the box for the thumbnail but had not options to doing anything with it.

If you want to test this too try soft deleting some pics in categories and also personal albums. Even delete all pics from the an album but not the album itself on XF 1.x. Then upgrade to XF 2.

I did that and had the same issue again.

If you want to test this too try soft deleting some pics in categories and also personal albums. Even delete all pics from the an album but not the album itself on XF 1.x. Then upgrade to XF 2.

I did that and had the same issue again.

Checking to see if you also confirmed this. Thx.

Can you confirm that the issue is resolved if you make sure you give yourself the "View deleted albums" permission?

Are you able to test this again with Beta 7?

I've never fully been able to reproduce the issue though it might have been related to media items inside deleted albums being visible in the media list and not having the "View deleted albums" permission. If that's the case, then the issue should be resolved.

If it is not, then we're going to need some more details.

What do you mean by "I cannot assign user permissions"? That screenshot is from the category permissions page. You can go into the group and set the permissions as necessary.

I see you've gone back to XF1, which is probably a good move, considering.

I don't particularly have any explanation as to why this happened. I was able to see the underlying error which was "This attachment cannot be shown at this time. Please try back later.". This is only triggered if the xf_attachment record does not have an associated xf_attachment_data record or if the actual file cannot be found on the file system.

Clearly neither of those things are true in XFMG1, so I'm unsure why it would happen after upgrade to XFMG2. We don't do anything to move the original attachment files. I think I found some attachments inside your posts and these seemed to work fine.

If you happen to attempt the upgrade again, I'd recommend doing it on a test forum, rather than your live forum. If the problem persists after that, we might need full access to the server (files and database) so we can attempt to debug the issue further.

I made another attempt and again a mistake...

InvalidArgumentException: Unknown moderator handler type 'xfmg_media' in src/XF/ModeratorLog/Logger.php at line 183
XF\ModeratorLog\Logger->handler() in src/XF/ModeratorLog/Logger.php at line 20
XF\ModeratorLog\Logger->logChanges() in src/XF/Logger.php at line 47
XF\Logger->logModeratorChanges() in src/addons/XFMG/Entity/MediaItem.php at line 1005
XFMG\Entity\MediaItem->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1109
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/XFMG/Setup.php at line 2226
XFMG\Setup->upgrade902000038Step3() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 117
XFMG\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 74
XFMG\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 433
XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1852
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Top Bottom