VideoGameForums.org

JBB

Started this forum back in February, but have been super busy with writing gig and haven't been contributing. Design is not final I'm still drawing up designs and will hopefully add by June. I might add a blog. Critiques and suggestions are welcome and I will take them into consideration.

I was getting hit with a lot of spam and spam sign ups that's why there's so many members, mostly signature spammers. Need members badly.

I'm mostly looking to keep the site as a forum but if an add-on suggestion is good I'll go with it.

Please, super please be gentle with the critiques.

Not much to review, it just looks like an average XenForo forum. You have anything of your new design you'd like to show off?

@ Silence it was a basic design I ordered from audentio.com I didn't like the default colors

@ Mattw & Ingenious it mostly does that if I'm on a mobile browser and the page takes long to load, do you guys know what it is?
What browsers are you guys using?

That's interesting. First I just found I had scripts disabled when viewing (NoScript on Firefox, on a Mac) and when enabled your forum works - lovely blue colour BTW - but usually on Xenforo forums I don't need scripts enabled by default, the main forum loads fine. I wonder why yours is different?

@ Silence it was a basic design I ordered from audentio.com I didn't like the default colors

@ Mattw & Ingenious it mostly does that if I'm on a mobile browser and the page takes long to load, do you guys know what it is?
What browsers are you guys using?
Chrome on Windows 7

Started this forum back in February, but have been super busy with writing gig and haven't been contributing. Design is not final I'm still drawing up designs and will hopefully add by June. I might add a blog. Critiques and suggestions are welcome and I will take them into consideration.

I was getting hit with a lot of spam and spam sign ups that's why there's so many members, mostly signature spammers. Need members badly.

I'm mostly looking to keep the site as a forum but if an add-on suggestion is good I'll go with it.

Please, super please be gentle with the critiques.
Bud, you need a bit of help on this, your forum is starting off really slow and looks like you've already done damage for having it up this long with this low of a member/post count. The most I can suggest is that you sign up for a post exchange service or something.

Just report it and ask for a mod to remove or close it.

And post exchange is not always the answer. Traffic from those can be low quality if those posting don't actually understand your subject matter.
That is true, but it's just a boost to get things up and running and get a somewhat active community, if your community is active enough, it can draw in real members and then those members can bring others, etc. Just a suggestion though :P

Top Bottom