Very very very bad editor design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the suggestions regarding the colors of the buttons I'm 100% sure that somebody will upload the buttons in many different colors and all of us will be happy.

Please remember that the editor buttons are placed on the style folder (http://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png so they won't be rewritten if you upgrade xenforo.

I noticed this a few minutes ago so I apologize for my previous suggestions. I thought the editor buttons were placed in a different folder with the risk of being rewritten by each upgrade.

Simply use CSS to do just that.

Code:
.redactor_toolbar li a:active, .redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_act {
    background-color: #000000 !important;
}
Change color code to suit.

I'm sure Kier will realize that the buttons are fugly and will change them.

I'm not keen on the popups for alignment and links .. yet.

Sorry with lots of respect I don't get the end of what you said.
Are you saying there is an important reason in terms of styling why the background colour cannot be default @primaryLighter ?

Because its fairly ugly?
Screen Shot 2013-06-05 at 8.59.17 PM.webp

Grey is easier to create a gradient, it looks neutral and looks fairly decent in most styles (without edits).
Well, I see it the other way around.

And since it's easy to adjust colors, the default forum package should be consistent all the way down to the editor. It just doesnt make sense as it is now.
I'll refer to Brogan's comment. It was designed to be grey, and doesn't look out of place or unfinished to me.

Because its fairly ugly?
View attachment 48140

Grey is easier to create a gradient, it looks neutral and looks fairly decent in most styles (without edits).

I'll refer to Brogan's comment. It was designed to be grey, and doesn't look out of place or unfinished to me.
That's just because you suck with designing.

You could just use the same gradient as the likesSummary or the breadcrumb and go from there.

@Shelley, I started with PrimaryLight and just use consecutively lighter ones. I didn't actually want to try to make it look good, but the idea is clearly displayed. :D

Forsaken, I used Morgain's suggestion as a basis. Didn't actually wanna fight with it.

@Shelley, I started with PrimaryLight and just use consecutively lighter ones. I didn't actually want to try to make it look good, but the idea is clearly displayed. :D

Oh i got the point you were making right away, i knew what you meant even before that when you had to make the explanation. I very much agreed with what you've said and what you have been saying. :)

@Shelley, I'm sold. Lets get that into Core! But Erich wasn't saying we need to go into debug. ;) I actually had a post typed out saying pretty much what you do and realized the post was complaining about editing of email templates requires debug mode, not changing the editor. ;)

@Shelley, I'm sold. Lets get that into Core! But Erich wasn't saying we need to go into debug. ;) I actually had a post typed out saying pretty much what you do and realized the post was complaining about editing of email templates requires debug mode, not changing the editor. ;)

Right. Tomorrow the agenda is selling this to Mike Brogan and the rest of the team. I'll need your backup. Anyone else that wants to jump on board now is the chance. :D

Ps. hopefully they won't approve it.

Right. Tomorrow the agenda is selling this to Mike Brogan and the rest of the team. I'll need your backup. Anyone else that wants to jump on board now is the chance. :D

Ps. hopefully they won't approve it.

don't sell it too cheap... I would say at least 2000 - 3000 USD.
... and make sure you have a Copyright on it beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom