• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

I updated the zip a few minutes ago, with some extra code to set the filesize for imported attachments, as I noticed the current importer doesnt seem to do that, they are all filesize 0 !

Yeah I just turned on the debug mode, I'll give it another shot after I get home/restore to the SQL just before I did the import.

Hello with my second forum i have a problem. The importer restarts

Import Data: vBulletin 4.0

Import Threads and Posts... 352 / 14547
ajaxload.info_000000_facebook.gif

wait wait wait and it restarts at zero :(

Edit: WIth your new script the same.

Hello with my second forum i have a problem. The importer restarts

Import Data: vBulletin 4.0

Import Threads and Posts... 352 / 14547
ajaxload.info_000000_facebook.gif

wait wait wait and it restarts at zero :(

Edit: WIth your new script the same.

Optimize you database before import.
trim it, clean it then optimize it and try again

Thanks for Your time and effort, absolutely awesome job!
The only problem I have (though I think it's more related to how I configured my XF) is with the hidden forums I've had on my VB4. They are shown in the XF admin panel, but not on the forum itself.
What's the problem or what am I doing wrong? :)
Thanks for the reply!

Hello Blandt,

i have tryed this, but i doesn´t work. Any ideas ?

Do you get any php errors? (error log?) or server errors?

the only thing I can think of is something that the import script couldn't insert into xF db in cases like mismatched charset ..etc ..
Do you have any funny characters in your threads ? (Log would be more helpful)

to optimise the db before import (as suggested before)...

mysqlcheck -o -u mysqlusername -p forumdbname

should work all ok.....

Hello Blandt,

i get no errors. Only the Script restarts at zero. My Charset is UTF-8 "i use german as standard". Here my Server logs:

mysql.log:

No content.

mysql.err:

No content.

error.log:

No content

Access.log:
- - [09/Oct/2010:20:47:28 +0200] "POST /newpsnewz/admin.php?import/import HTTP/1.1" 200 2204 "/newpsnewz/admin.php?import/import" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Safari/533.18.5"

- - [09/Oct/2010:20:42:23 +0200] "POST /newpsnewz/admin.php?import/start-step HTTP/1.1" 200 2208 "admin.php?import/import" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Safari/533.18.5" ::1

[09/Oct/2010:20:42:39 +0200] "OPTIONS * HTTP/1.0" 200 - "-" "Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 PHP/5.3.3-0.dotdeb.0 with Suhosin-Patch (internal dummy connection)" 87.157.141.28 - - [09/Oct/2010:20:42:40 +0200] "GET /newpsnewz/admin.php?import/start-step HTTP/1.1" 500 2067 "admin.php?import/start-step" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_5; de-de) AppleWebKit/533.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Safari/533.18.5"

Edit: Here the restart result:

Bildschirmfoto 2010-10-09 um 21.01.34.webp

That is not good....

Say...
do you have the pretty URLs on? The only thing left to think of is your .htaccess

if you do, turn them off , clean install and try to re-import.....

I imported the usergoups, but when I try importing users, I get "A server error occurred. Please try again later."
Switching on debug, it shows "Undefined index: field3"

I only have two of the orginal user profile fields (biography and location)
I tried adding a 3rd profile field, but it still gives the same error.
Any suggestions to get round this error ?

Worked perfectly.... absolutely flawless Paul. Really nice work.

Now to just bring in blog content manually as threads and posts, then one new project is going live.

Top Bottom