• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Mark, you sure about that?

During the import it prompts for 'what to do with duplicate names' and another 'what to do with duplicate emails'. The last time I tried it, those were the prompts.
Yes, you'll get those prompts, but your only options are to merge all the users with duplicate emails into one account, or change the emails. You can't carry on with them as they are. This was confirmed by Mike yesterday in a thread.

Guys,

Just out of interest (just finished installing :) ), looking at importing my rather large Database and seeing if it can cope (Threads 317,654 Posts 1,673,663) and see how it handles it.

What does xF need for the import - is it just the mysql databse from the 'Donor' forum?

It needs DB server, DB name and DB username & password and the path for attachments and avatars if they aren't stored in the database.

It needs DB server, DB name and DB username & password and the path for attachments and avatars if they aren't stored in the database.

Cool Thanks Graham - will probably drag the whole db over to the new box and then just import :)

Everything but VM's went through.. I was running a mod that automatically posted VMS. I'm rebuilding caches now. let's see how it turend out.

Worked perfect here

there is a small glitch (which was my fault. so this is just a warning for others :D)

When I clicked the import posts the browser kinda hangup for a bit so I clicked again ------> result : few threads were imported twice and I ended up with double threads :D

which brings me to the question : is there delete double posts a la vB?
so BE PATIENT

Updated to cope with attachments shared across more than one post in vb4.

Anyone posting bugs other than with attachments, please remember the following ;
This is a copy of the vb3 importer, with the attachments code adapted for vb4 (only).

Any other importer bugs in the existing vb3 importer (or importer system in general) will still exist in this, all ive changed its whats necessary for the attachments.

You must report them as XF bugs in the appropriate place. Thanks.

first i want to thank you for this great import
there are some bugs in it though

1. The forum doesn't recognize my old posts so they don't appear when i search for min posts
  2. the attachment does import, but when we include the attachment in the post
code ( ATTACH=CONFIG]2318[/ATTACH]
it doesn't appear
of course media videos from youtube doesn't import but this error is reported in xen

I use filesystem attachments on my vb4 board and when I hit the button to move the attachments over I got a An error has occurred please try again later bug. Any ideas?

I use filesystem attachments on my vb4 board and when I hit the button to move the attachments over I got a An error has occurred please try again later bug. Any ideas?

Return it back to the database then try it again.

Turn on debug mode, and you should see the real error.

Top Bottom