• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Just a quick question.
I'm running a Xenforo as a subdomain test forum as well as my main VB4 site. Will this import script modify/screw up my VB4 database or does it just import data from VB4 to the Xenforo database.
I just don't want to disrupt my main site while testing this out.

Just a quick question.
I'm running a Xenforo as a subdomain test forum as well as my main VB4 site. Will this import script modify/screw up my VB4 database or does it just import data from VB4 to the Xenforo database.

Best practice, make a copy of your database or use a backup to import. Even if it doesn't cause harm, do you want to take that risk? I don't think so. :D

Try the version I just uploaded, it should convert video codes.

Would it be too much asked to perhaps add an option to also convert videos that were added while using TheGeek's excellent AME product? I have to admit I am not entirely sure on how to achieve this myself, and having an importer that could cover it would be a true blessing for my boards.

Best practice, make a copy of your database or use a backup to import. Even if it doesn't cause harm, do you want to take that risk? I don't think so. :D

That would be the smart thing to do but I'm almost afraid to ask my server OP to do a copy.....hes been pretty pissy about all the problems I've been having with VB4

Just a quick question.
The importer only reads the vb4 database, and transfers the data to xf, so it cannot harm it.

Would it be too much asked to perhaps add an option to also convert videos that were added while using TheGeek's excellent AME product? I have to admit I am not entirely sure on how to achieve this myself, and having an importer that could cover it would be a true blessing for my boards.
Sorry, Im afraid it would be too much to ask. I dont know anything about AME anyway, but even if I did, people would then start asking about others mods. A vb4 importer should only handle default vb4 features.

AME2 uses [ame] tags, but AME3 uses the default [video] tags. AME3 has a conversion tool that converts [ame] tags back to [video] tags.

The Geek said:
There is a tool in AME3 that will convert your old [ame] tags into vB's new [video] tag or a url if you don't have a mactching definition.

That would be the smart thing to do but I'm almost afraid to ask my server OP to do a copy.....hes been pretty pissy about all the problems I've been having with VB4
i have been testing my live site with out any issues in my db (because i have very slow internet connection otherwise i would use another db)

it always great to have a backup plan

The importer only reads the vb4 database, and transfers the data to xf, so it cannot harm it.
Sorry, Im afraid it would be too much to ask. I dont know anything about AME anyway, but even if I did, people would then start asking about others mods. A vb4 importer should only handle default vb4 features.

Thanks for the answer :)

I think i have fixed the private messages importing not working at all, if anyone can give it a shot.
Also fixed the quoted posts, they are now remapped to their new post ids so that the arrow sign is present on every quoted post.

This is a continuation on Paul's modded vB4 importer, that is CVS 1.7 aka latest version.

//Update: I removed the attached file as the modifications are now included in Paul's vBulletin4.php file located in the first post.

Here is the error I get trying to import a vb4 site.

Server Error

Undefined index: about
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.phpat line753
  2. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importUser()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.phpat line659
  3. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importOrMergeUser()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.phpat line457
  4. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers()inXenForo/Importer/Abstract.phpat line77
  5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line152
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line204
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line147
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/nutndun/public_html/domain.com/admin.phpat line13
I need to note though that the vb 3.8 script works fine other then not importing attachments so I don't know what may be different that is causing the error.

I got the above fixed by commenting out line 753.

Now i have another problem when importing attachments:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'attachment.userid' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()inZend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.phpat line381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line467
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line706
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.phpat line1967
  6. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepAttachments()inXenForo/Importer/Abstract.phpat line77
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line152
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line204
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line147
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/nutndun/public_html/domain.com/admin.phpat line13
I am not too concerned as I am just testing but maybe this will help to fix any issues. I should also note that I have my attachments stored in the file system.

I got the above fixed by commenting out line 753.

Now i have another problem when importing attachments:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'attachment.userid' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare()inZend/Db/Statement.phpat line115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct()inZend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.phpat line381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line467
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()inZend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.phpat line706
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll()inXenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.phpat line1967
  6. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepAttachments()inXenForo/Importer/Abstract.phpat line77
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line152
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line204
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep()inXenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.phpat line147
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line303
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()inXenForo/FrontController.phpat line132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run()in/home/nutndun/public_html/domain.com/admin.phpat line13
I am not too concerned as I am just testing but maybe this will help to fix any issues. I should also note that I have my attachments stored in the file system.

that sounds like your attachments table is somehow incomplete. Could you run this query on your vB4 db through phpmyadmin and see if you get an error?

SELECT attachmentid, attachment.userid, attachment.dateline, filesize,
filedataid, filename, counter, contentid as postid, filedata.userid as fileuserid
FROM attachment
INNER JOIN filedata USING (filedataid)
WHERE attachmentid > 2
AND state = "visible"
AND contenttypeid = 1
ORDER BY attachmentid
LIMIT 10

I added the prefix I used but basically got the same error:
#1054 - Unknown column 'attachment.userid' in 'field list'

I am guessing there was a missing prefix variable or two in the file?

When I ran the query I changed the prefix for the table after the From but forgot to change it on the attachment.userid and a couple of the other ones not thinking. It has been a long time since I have coded and/or messed with database queries.

Top Bottom