• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

IMHO... more people should donate some $$$ to devs for developing their software freely.

Hopefully xenforo will include some type of custom built-in method when they upgrade the mod area here.

The blog entries attachments don't appear, instead I get something like View attachment 2158 View attachment 2159 View attachment 2160 View attachment 2161

Hmmm, I wasnt aware you could have attachments in blogs, so no, they wont get pulled over correctly. Looks like articles and SG's can have them as well. :eek:

I need a to do list ............... :D

Hmmm, I wasnt aware you could have attachments in blogs, so no, they wont get pulled over correctly. Looks like articles and SG's can have them as well. :eek:

I need a to do list ............... :D

Blogs entries with attachments are the main content from my site. Thanks Paul! I'll wait.

there are a lot of posts on my site that have pure html in them like table, tr, td etc. Can your importer handle these?
As far as I know there is no option to use HTML in posts here (yet), so I don't see how the posts could be migrated intact.

Thanks guys, this is what is going to stop me from doing an import...it doesn't matter that there isn't any html abilities in Xenforo yet but being able to import posts that contain it is
Then it should import the same as a vb3.7/8 import, right? Html shows up as text when a vb3.8 forum does not have html enabled in a forum.

I would think it would do what you want just fine, show up as text in posts. Simple enough to try it out.

....it doesn't matter that there isn't any html abilities in Xenforo yet but being able to import posts that contain it is
Well now you did not say that you wanted the posts readable. ;)

I would type more but there are several unknowns / variables at this point. Others may have good ideas.

(I thought you were willing to live with the posts being non-easily readable until a modification was made later)

The only thing I can think of is to run a sql query / use Kier's magic wand :) that search and replace hack ;)

If the above mod gets knocked out by someone, that should counter it if installed on the incoming board prior to the import, so it imports into a HTML enabled environment. Sounds good in theory... see if Paul has a magic answer as part of the import to exclude or strip HTML possibly?

Hi Paul
I have a vb4 site with 130k posts plus I have a "First Class" usergroup that have permissions to post using html so there are a lot of posts on my site that have pure html in them like table, tr, td etc

Can your importer handle these?

I want to move the site over to Xenforo ASAP but am worried about keeping posts in tact...thanks

Will the importer handle them ? - Yes, it will import them just like any other post.

Will Xenforo display them ? AFAIK, No, at least not correctly, as it has no concept of raw html in posts.

I will not strip out the html as that might be undesirable for some, and would mean the posts would lose that data forever - and even with html tags stripped out, posts would still be a mess.

If you mean [attach ] BB code then I'm afraid they will not be converted - there is no way to know the new attachment number at the time the posts are imported.

Can you suggest anything that I can do other then having to go in and edit the posts
There isnt really much you can do. The only way to change them would be some form of post processor after the import, that litterally went through every post, updating any attach bb codes it came across (the old/new ids are stored in the import log).

Just tried importing my Vb4 forum into 1.0.3 using v1.39 and have come up with the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strlen() in /public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php on line 3660

Has anyone any clues as to what might be wrong? It's my first attempt to import a 1million+ post forum :) at least it happened within the first 2 mins!! This is after hitting the "import threads and posts" button.

Cheers
Paul

UPDATE : Just tried after a DB repair and optimise from a virgin vb including all the posts re-imported to vB and all ok, into a virgin install of xF1.0.3 using 1.3.9 - comes up with exactly the same error!

Top Bottom