• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Not at the moment.

I have never had dealings with albums, and none exist on any of my test forums.

I just noticed yesterday that quotes do not import correctly. There is no link to original post in the quote header (upwards pointing arrow).

after importing it looks like this:

same problem here with xen beta3, does any one know how to fix this problem, or at least how to remove the (upwards pointing arrow) to hide the quoted post number till this problem is fixed?

same problem here with xen beta3, does any one know how to fix this problem, or at least how to remove the (upwards pointing arrow) to hide the quoted post number till this problem is fixed?
i don't have this error in my site (I imported my old vb4 live site to xf last week)
all quoted post direct you to the right posts
best regard

It wont get fixed, or even investigated, unless someone gives me a copy of their database to test with - because I cannot reproduce it.

There are known circumstances under which a quote will fail to be re-directed, but it should work for the majority.

i used the defult XF vBulletin 3.8 Importer on my pc local server wamp, tried to search for a similar issue and i found it in this thread, the quote is showing the post id number instead of the upward arrow

Job well done Paul :)
Just imported a 387MB vB4 database with about 1 GB of attachment done in less than one hour without a problem at all (Beta 3)

Good to hear. :)

Ive been playing with Albums on one of my test forums today. I think importing them to a series of posts is do-able.

Good to hear. :)

Ive been playing with Albums on one of my test forums today. I think importing them to a series of posts is do-able.

I'm waiting for the album photos import to buy another XF license and move my actual vB4 community, that would be great! I want to forget IB.

Uploaded 1.37.

This has an Album importer function. Similar to the blog/cms etc functionality, it will create a forum for album data, and import each member album as a thread, with the images attached to posts in the thread (4 images per post). As before, I only have a small development forum to test this on, but it works fine for me. Please feel free to try it, I'll check back tomorrow.

Uploaded 1.37.

This has an Album importer function. Similar to the blog/cms etc functionality, it will create a forum for album data, and import each member album as a thread, with the images attached to posts in the thread (4 images per post). As before, I only have a small development forum to test this on, but it works fine for me. Please feel free to try it, I'll check back tomorrow.

Nice! I have tested it and it works flawlesly. Thank you!!! this update is really a life-saver for me.

There is a small quirk that might drive some folks nuts :D

when entering the path for the attachment and avatar folders if there is a white space after the path it causes an error (path not valid I think)

I think a check to strip the path of any white spaces would be nice :)

Thats a bug inherited from the vb3 importer code, I look at updating it in this importer, but you should log it in the bug forum as well.

I missed the update when you included rep as likes... nice touch Paul. Just using it now on my main VB4 forum, converting over to XF permanently... flawless import.

Top Bottom