• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Ok i'm going for stupid question of the day - i'm sure i've nailed it.

So - importing - i'm presuming that an import of vB4 into Xenforo means that the xF forum needs to be in "virginal" condition i.e. no members (other then Admin) and no changes in forums/posts to the original setup?? I;ve thrown a couple of posts in mine, and created a couple of forums - and whilst it's nearly new, i dont want this to cause issues when it's no trouble to re-install!!

Thx
Paul

I really should read my replies ....

That was supposed to say doesn't.

You can import into a forum that already has posts and users.

Apologies for the typo.

One more question:

What would happen if I imported the same database but with more members+posts(testing with backups)? Would the importer overwrite the existing data or would it just add the new members+posts?

Thanks

It would re-import all the posts, and depending on what option you took, merge the members into the existing ones.

I'm getting this error importing with Beta 3 on the import forum step:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Import::importNodeGroupPermissions() in /home/shadowsp/public_html/vb/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php on line 1447

Also, it appears that it didnt import all the members (about 500 are missing) w/no error message.

I'm getting this error importing with Beta 3 on the import forum step:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Import::importNodeGroupPermissions() in /home/shadowsp/public_html/vb/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php on line 1447
If possible please post the full error (all lines).

Edrondol is correct, thats existing vb3 importer code, but even so, im puzzled why it would think that function is undefined.

Edrondol is correct, thats existing vb3 importer code, but even so, im puzzled why it would think that function is undefined.

I thought he said beta 3 not vb3 :D Sorry Paul, I reinstalled everything already but didnt import.

The structure of that code has changed in beta 3 - there's a more general method (insertNodePermissionEntries).

I know. I really, REALLY wish they'd send out a message when they release a new version, know what I'm saying?

Ooh! Sarcasm! That's original!

[/Dr. Horrible]

Oh, and could you tell me how to follow a sub board? I know you can follow threads, but I don't think you can follow the Announcements board.

Top Bottom