vBulletin 3.8 Design on XenForo?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
There was several a long time ago for XF 1.x, but most were deleted.

This one remains:

They will not work on XF 2.x and no one has seemed to express much of an interest.

While the vBulletin 3.x style was very nice for its time, it was designed around 15 years ago. I think that may go some way to explaining why there isn't much desire to port it over to XF 2.x at this point.

Jon12345

Yes, I understand that. But there were some users on my old site that had used the same design for so many years that they miss it!

beerForo

Change is hard but your users will adapt, and your site will be better for it in the long run if you don't cater to nostalgic whims. Just give it some time.

beerForo

This is a rare request so you may be able to deal with it by helping them adjust their browser or phone. In chrome you can zoom in and phones have text size settings. Talk to this person and see if you can help them this way before you go changing or adding to your website.

beerForo

Something like...

Are you having trouble on your computer or your phone?
What OS and browser?
Is it eyesight or eye strain you are having an issue with?
Is it the colors, size of font, etc?

If you can start a conversation and figure out what it is is you will be able to help them better.

You may also want to look into a Dark Mode theme that can solve some of these issues but is more for everyone, and not just for one person with bad eyesight.

Manster54

This is a rare request so you may be able to deal with it by helping them adjust their browser or phone. In chrome you can zoom in and phones have text size settings. Talk to this person and see if you can help them this way before you go changing or adding to your website.
Excellent advice, because getting into games of whack-a-mole for every individual and making global changes accordingly can result in an unusable mess for most.

Jon12345

I already have a dark mode option. That was worse for them. They wanted black text, not grey with the default theme.