1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vBulletin 3.8 Design on XenForo?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by vbdesignonthis, Feb 14, 2015.

1. vbdesignonthis

vbdesignonthis New Member

I currently using vBulletin 3.8.x and the layout of the design is perfect in my eyes for a forum. And my users do not want to change to something that looks completely different.

Are there any templates for XenForo that mimic how vBulletin 3.8 looks? Like this [​IMG]

And the bottom of the page has the amount of users online statistics etc.

Are there any templates for this for XenForo? If so I would love to use it and buy XenForo.

2. oman

oman Well-Known Member

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

4. vbdesignonthis

5. vbdesignonthis

And why can I not download that theme? Must I be a payed user before I can?
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, only license holders can download resources.

It wouldn't be much use to you without a license.
  7. vbdesignonthis

I wanted to test on demo account first :(
  8. Brogan

While you can import .xml files on the demo, you can't upload any files (although I'm not sure if there are any with this style or not).
  9. vbdesignonthis

Yeah I just tested the template and it works but this template is simply a reskin of the current layout.. I want the vBullein 3.8 layout... is there any guides or releases anywhere for that?
  10. Brogan

Not that I'm aware of.

I doubt you will find much demand here for something which looks 10 years out of date.
  11. LIPets

LIPets New Member

well I can't wait to get rid of my 3.8, I think users will adapt, change is good the old VB IMO is very played out after all these years
  12. vbdesignonthis

Guys I done the layout but there's one thing annoying me, the white gap, I want my board to take up all the space.

Please see the red boarders, I want this gap filled by my forum not a white gap... is this possible?
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  13. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

I think that is under Style Properties -> General -> Content: padding right/left
  14. vbdesignonthis

That page has nothing filled in it, I put the "padding right/left" no quotes in CSS form for that page and applied but it did nothing.
  15. Brogan

Detailed support won't be provided in the pre-sales forum to unlicensed members.
    Tracy Perry likes this.
  16. vbdesignonthis

The design works fine on PC but on mobile using chrome or whatever the forum doesn't work so well..
  17. Brogan

Are you using the style from the resource manager?

If so, how did you get a copy of the .xml?
  18. Eagle

Eagle Well-Known Member

I've made it vBulletin 3 and vBulletin 4 style :)

vbdesignonthis and Alfa1 like this.