vB4 owners, show yourself!

Bot vB4 and loaded it into a test area. That was far enough to see the mess. There it has sat until I remove it to recapture the disk space.
Meanwhile, I continue to run 3.8.x live, which I prefer to use as data source for the migration to XF.

Bot vB4 and loaded it into a test area. That was far enough to see the mess. There it has sat until I remove it to recapture the disk space.
Meanwhile, I continue to run 3.8.x live, which I prefer to use as data source for the migration to XF.
Exactly the same for me. I even bought the bullet for a bit and started to develop a VB4 style (what a nightmare) in addition to attempting to help locate bugs, etc. It's been nearly one year since I paid for VB4 and I have yet to be able to use it. Actually thought of going to IPB and, although a great product, didn't like how it operates. Seeing XF, and the fact it's being developed by two of the guys that made VB the best forum software on the market prior to a year ago, I thanked the good Lord I was browsing around the web that day :D.

We've been running VB4 since the beginning and at first were very happy with it, but the design limitations and underlining issues have just turned me off at this point.

I will be taking advantage of the pre sale of this to get a beta copy and set it up on our test site and see how hard integrating our current CMS/Blogging platform would be. It looks like a really nice product and I look forward to working with it.

I'm another vBbulletin 4 suite owner who didn't upgrade and is currently using vB 3.8. I won't be converting my site, but I'm interested in seeing what addons, if any that xf will offer down the road.

I'm a vB4 owner but I won't be converting yet :). vB as of right now offers too much for my community for me to switch to a basic forum.

I WILL however be starting a new project :)

My vb4 site is in my siggy. I'm probably not going to wait and instead I'll get Xenfans to do the importing right away. I don't have free time in November or December so this works best for me.

Yep... I'll be switching from VB4 after you guys :D
I'm going to toy with XF and buy the beta release. until few of the mods I must have are available there is no way I would let the old horse die just yet

I've been running 3.x since 2006 or 2007, can't remember which. Anyway, I recently upgraded to vB4. In the process of getting new plugins/products, I saw a link in someone's signature to XenForo. Good thing I clicked on it!

I did a little digging on this site and found 3.8 would be the preferred version for an import. I promptly restored my forum from a backup and restored my 3.8 install in anticipation of the beta release of XF.

I'm curious though-- those of you with vB4 and needing a CMS/Blog... why not just use the vB4 publishing suite? I bought it and it has both a CMS and Blog system.

Top Bottom