• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

vB3 owners, show yourself!

anotheralias

Well-known member
#3
I haven't decided what I'll do with the license yet. I might just archive my existing vB3 board and start over with XenForo, on a new domain. Since (in my particular case anyway) there's no real reason for me to replace the old software with new - I can just leave the board there.
 

Forsaken

Well-known member
#6
I'll be starting new projects with XenForo, as I don't currently run any forums (Gave ownership over to someone else around February).

I have held back on the development of my primary project for XenForo however (Originally was going to use vB4 -_-). 
 

CFodder

Well-known member
#7
LOL :D

We're still running VB3.8 and also have the VB4 suite I've been fighting with for our new forums. Will definitely be getting a copy of XF (hopefully the 1 day discount too) with a look to upgrading the site directly to XF bypassing VB4.
 

Carlos

Well-known member
#8
I have a VB3 license... and I'm still going to upgrade to VB4 because I need a CMS. But that's only for my 'main' instance/site. All other websites will be xenforo.

......or sell the vb/vBSEO instance and sell it. I keep going back and forth on that.
 

lazer

Well-known member
#10
Running a VB 3.8.x forum with c500,000 posts and Vbseo. My main concern is to maintain the URL's from Vbseo, thru to XF so as SERPS is not affected at all. I believe in the abilities of the XF developers, so the actual conversion process will more than likely be very smooth. Losing a load of products/mods will be the obvious downside of an early migration to XF...so, not sure about that yet.

I am going to wait until either it seems absolutely safe to convert, whilst maintaining URL structures - or someone provides a business service to fully manage the conversion.
 

Been Told

Well-known member
#12
I do still own 2 vB licenses. Both are vB4, but one is running 3.8, the other is laying dead. I'm selling the dead one to buy a XF license. :D
 

Dakis

Well-known member
#14
I have many vb licenses, all of them running 3.x installations, but it is impossible for me to switch to xf at the moment, because all these websites have many more than just forums (galleries, videos, blogs, article systems, community tools etc). So I will get a xf license to start a new forum to test it out. :)
 

Crazyfruitbat

Well-known member
#20
Who knew, back last SPRING...at least not us peons!
Very true - but really, there were signs saying stay away when I look back. Anyway, back on topic. Xenforo oooooooo it's good. can't wait till I get my hands on this - even though I have a vb4 license I'm going to get a xenforo license for it anyway - the rate of development here is so efficient all my needs look likely to come to fruition pretty quickly.