vB3 owners, show yourself!

I haven't decided what I'll do with the license yet. I might just archive my existing vB3 board and start over with XenForo, on a new domain. Since (in my particular case anyway) there's no real reason for me to replace the old software with new - I can just leave the board there.

I'll be starting new projects with XenForo, as I don't currently run any forums (Gave ownership over to someone else around February).

I have held back on the development of my primary project for XenForo however (Originally was going to use vB4 -_-). 

I have a VB3 license... and I'm still going to upgrade to VB4 because I need a CMS. But that's only for my 'main' instance/site. All other websites will be xenforo.

......or sell the vb/vBSEO instance and sell it. I keep going back and forth on that.

Running a VB 3.8.x forum with c500,000 posts and Vbseo. My main concern is to maintain the URL's from Vbseo, thru to XF so as SERPS is not affected at all. I believe in the abilities of the XF developers, so the actual conversion process will more than likely be very smooth. Losing a load of products/mods will be the obvious downside of an early migration to XF...so, not sure about that yet.

I am going to wait until either it seems absolutely safe to convert, whilst maintaining URL structures - or someone provides a business service to fully manage the conversion.

I have many vb licenses, all of them running 3.x installations, but it is impossible for me to switch to xf at the moment, because all these websites have many more than just forums (galleries, videos, blogs, article systems, community tools etc). So I will get a xf license to start a new forum to test it out. :)

Who knew, back last SPRING...at least not us peons!
Very true - but really, there were signs saying stay away when I look back. Anyway, back on topic. Xenforo oooooooo it's good. can't wait till I get my hands on this - even though I have a vb4 license I'm going to get a xenforo license for it anyway - the rate of development here is so efficient all my needs look likely to come to fruition pretty quickly.

Top Bottom