vB4 owners, show yourself!

I will be converting in due time, thankfully I never had to purchase the vBulletin 4 suite or forum. Never intended to either way, updates ended on 4.0.3 and will never update those licenses. :)

I have never complained to jell soft :D but honestly VB4 is very complicated. the CP Admin has hundreds of tweaks, and sometimes for a change to work something else has to be enabled first and that something else won't work because you chose to do this or that ....etc... it's just a whole mess.
Always simple is better, I'm hoping XF will be simple and straight forward.

I ran vB 4 suite on a test forum and thought it was the most god awful creation that vB had ever compiled. Luckily I ran it on a test forum first, because I had nothing but headaches. I then proceeded to tell every forum owner who asked me how awful it really was and against my recomendation three of them still upgraded. Fortunately at least one of the 3 was smart enough to do a complete back up of everything prior to upgrading, and I was able to completely revert back to 3.8 hours later when they realized I was right. The other two are still running it and it has been nothing but headaches for me since, teach me to admin so many sites.

Moral of the story : Yes I am switching to xf

We're moving our forum only gaming community to Xenforo ASAP. As for our other community that uses the CMS and Blogs, only time will tell. I think it'll be when Xenforo has a CMS and Blog option and/or when vB5 is released; whatever comes first.

I suppose I would be another "vB4 owner", however I do not use the software. I pre-purchased two vBulletin 4 licenses during the discount period and haven't used either license as of yet, nor do I have any intention to do so.

I was once a vB4 owner then I sold all my licenses when I heard about XF since I have no live sites currently ready for public. So not hurting me any and I have no intention of ever going back to vB.

I'm a vB4 owner, and quite happy with vB4. xF looks good as well.

The one thing that sticks out as a not finished feature in vB4 is the Stylevar system. From the video I've seen here, xF styles both seem to be easy to edit and, default style is easier on the eye than the current v4 default (less clutter = important to us), and the hair-shampoo-bottle-colors :) should be easy to get rid of.

Is there a overview somewhere, listing the differences between xF and vB?

Top Bottom