XF 1.1 Users cannot post using FF

tekgirl

I have some users who were posting fine until a few hours ago - they all use FF. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Thanks

Test post with FireFox 9.0.1
http://www.whatbrowseramiusing.co/

Firefox 9.0.1
Your screen size: 1024 x 768 pixels
Your operating system: Windows XP
Your IP address: 24.xxx.xxx.16
Your colour capability: 24bit
Your language settings: en-us,en;q=0.5
Your Flash version: Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
Your Javascipt: Javascript is Enabled
Your Cookies: Cookies are Enabled

Ah alright, I had a user unable to post, but he was/is using IE9, and was hoping the errors matched up. He was getting "enter a valid message." when trying to post.

If you are not running 1.1, I would recommend upgrading. If you are running 1.1, then this is likely caused by a custom style or add-ons. Please confirm the issue on the default style with add-ons disabled.

I am running 1.1...I only have three addons and I have a feeling this is being caused by tapatalk....I will disable the addons one by one so I can figure out which one is causing the issue and let you know. Thanks!

I disabled the add-ons one by one and tested each one - the problem remained. All three were disabled and still the problem remains. But I booted into boot camp and at least was able to see the problem myself, so I can describe it more accurately. When you click on a forum, the Post thread button is there - the title box is there - but the conversation box is missing...and therein lies the problem. I can type in the title box, but because there is no conversation box, I cannot post anything, I am using the xenfracture style, but if I switch to the default, what is that going to do to my forum? I know, I know...I always set up a test site, but didn't do it this time. So what to do?

I am running 1.1 - just downloaded it a week ago. As for the style...well, if I could ever get a reply on whether it is up-to-date, I would be able to tell you. I am going to boot back into bootcamp and test their site, since they are using the same style. If I can post there in FF 9.0.1, then I'm guessing it isn't the style either. Will report back shortly.

Thanks

I have confirmed that it is the xenfracture skin. One cannot post a convo on their forum website using the same skin I am using, so...seems the sidebar and a few other features are not working either...I just told them about the convo aspect, which no one had yet reported, so hopefully they will fix it quicker than they reply to support posts :(

Top Bottom