XF 1.1 Users cannot post using FF

tekgirl

I have some users who were posting fine until a few hours ago - they all use FF. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Thanks

Neither me nor my users are able to post new threads with Firefox 9/XenForo 1.0.4 as well. I was reading some of the documentation and apparently they are using a new way of rendering JavaScript, which may be causing the issue. We're going to upgrade to 1.1.1 tonight as that seems to be the fix.

Yes, you are correct and that is why my skin is not working...has to do with some kind of JS issue...However, at least you can post here and someone will answer you. Both the community, developers and Staff are very responsive. On the other forum, I get no where...the developers did not even know that you can't post a conversation to their own forum...I am not one to publicly say anything usually about a developer, but I am very upset that I can get no answers over there. Makes me sorry I bought their skin.

I also have a member with this problem, you figure out a solution yet?

I think it is the same issue as that is the message you get because there is no conversation box, you can't post or reply and if you hit Post Thread, you get the message you are referring to.

I finally heard from xenfracture - seems like they are not going to fix it and users will either have to use a different browser or wait for FF 9.0.2 or...revert back to an earlier version. Also, when I went to the forum this morning, I got this message, which says it all:

"Sorry, we're currently unavailable.

Themes Inc is under new management!

Please bare with us, the forum will reopen in the next 24 hours.

Thank you for your patience. "

It's not skin related, at least not in my case, appears to be 100% associated with FireFox 9.0.1

I first heard about it ~48 hours ago when a Travel Underground (TUG) user reported he couldn't post new threads (same problem description as presented here). TUG is on 1.0.2 w/ a few addons & minor mods, no skin.

I disabled FF updates on my PC @ work but the corporate update Nazis updated it anyway, so now I can't post threads in TUG. I also have the same issue in a 1.0.4 board that is completely vanilla except a minor CSS change to center the banner. Haven't tried my other 3 ...

Updating to 1.1 isn't an immediate answer, especially not for the boards with active user populations &/or addons.

FireFox is perhaps up to their old tricks again -- it was not without reason that we used to call it FireBug/FireBomb :rolleyes: , although it certainly improved a lot in the last 2-3 years.

XF 1.1 works fine with FF 9.0.1 - that was demonstrated here...it may be an add-on or style as Brogan has stated...for me it was the style...doesn't work with 9.0.1..and those developers know it and haven't done anything about it.

I also got the problem on the website "xenscripts.com" testing it with the default xenForo skin . Looking into the console, there is an error "uncaught exception: TypeError: args.shift() is undefined".

There is a topic on the subject here : http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/CURRIKI-5674

It is said that : "In today's firefox nightly (of the series 12, 12.0a1), the bug does not appear anymore."

I'm going to check this.

I also got the problem on the website "xenscripts.com" testing it with the default xenForo skin . Looking into the console, there is an error "uncaught exception: TypeError: args.shift() is undefined".
That bug has already been fixed and will be in the next release.

This bug is fixed in 1.1 and the previous page has a fix for 1.0. If you still have the problem after the fix/with 1.1, it could be an add-on or custom style causing it.

Top Bottom