1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Users cannot post using FF

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tekgirl, Jan 9, 2012.

1. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I have some users who were posting fine until a few hours ago - they all use FF. Does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you able to post using FF?

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

server errors ?

4. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

NO server errors..I can post using FF but I am on a Mac...they ALL upgraded FF today...

5. Digital Doctor

Test post with FireFox 9.0.1
    http://www.whatbrowseramiusing.co/

Firefox 9.0.1
    Your screen size: 1024 x 768 pixels
    Your operating system: Windows XP
    Your IP address: 24.xxx.xxx.16
    Your colour capability: 24bit
    Your language settings: en-us,en;q=0.5
    Your Flash version: Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
    Your Javascipt: Javascript is Enabled
    Your Cookies: Cookies are Enabled

6. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Version is 9.0.1

7. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Not one of them who upgraded can post...I wonder if it could have anything to do with tapatalk? Although none of them use it.

8. Digital Doctor

get them to clear their cache ... cookies.

9. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

Ok - will do - thanks! I asked them to do that, so let's see what happens.

10. Digital Doctor

Have you asked them to try other browsers ?
    To see if it is a member issue or a browser issue.

11. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

What error are they getting?

12. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

They cleared browsers and cache..still not working...but works in IE, Chrome and Safari...seems that it is just FF.

13. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

No error - they just cannot post in threads or conversations. cannot reply in threads. however they can post in reports.

14. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Ah alright, I had a user unable to post, but he was/is using IE9, and was hoping the errors matched up. He was getting "enter a valid message." when trying to post.

15. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you are not running 1.1, I would recommend upgrading. If you are running 1.1, then this is likely caused by a custom style or add-ons. Please confirm the issue on the default style with add-ons disabled.

16. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I am running 1.1...I only have three addons and I have a feeling this is being caused by tapatalk....I will disable the addons one by one so I can figure out which one is causing the issue and let you know. Thanks!

17. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I disabled the add-ons one by one and tested each one - the problem remained. All three were disabled and still the problem remains. But I booted into boot camp and at least was able to see the problem myself, so I can describe it more accurately. When you click on a forum, the Post thread button is there - the title box is there - but the conversation box is missing...and therein lies the problem. I can type in the title box, but because there is no conversation box, I cannot post anything, I am using the xenfracture style, but if I switch to the default, what is that going to do to my forum? I know, I know...I always set up a test site, but didn't do it this time. So what to do?

18. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

lazy llama and Digital Doctor like this.
  19. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I am running 1.1 - just downloaded it a week ago. As for the style...well, if I could ever get a reply on whether it is up-to-date, I would be able to tell you. I am going to boot back into bootcamp and test their site, since they are using the same style. If I can post there in FF 9.0.1, then I'm guessing it isn't the style either. Will report back shortly.

Thanks

20. tekgirl

tekgirl Active Member

I have confirmed that it is the xenfracture skin. One cannot post a convo on their forum website using the same skin I am using, so...seems the sidebar and a few other features are not working either...I just told them about the convo aspect, which no one had yet reported, so hopefully they will fix it quicker than they reply to support posts :(