1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 User Profile Field Order After Import from IPB

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by alexp999, Mar 13, 2014.

1. alexp999

alexp999 Active Member

Just completed an import from IPB and I have noticed that custom user profile fields are displayed in the wrong order for imported users. (Seems to be alphabetical order of the unique id.)

For new users it is fine, and if you change each field and save it, they then appear in the correct order.

Any query or similar I can run to force XF to update the fields and get the correct order?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The order is down to the display order set on the fields. If two fields have the same display order, then technically the order is undefined and can vary. I would check the display order to make sure that it's set the way you want.
  3. alexp999

alexp999 Active Member

Display order is correct.

Each one has a different order too.

It is like the fields need rebuilding so they are saved in the correct order.

New members are fine, and as mentioned, if I change and save users existing fields it appears in the correct order. But I can't do that for all members! lol.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you screenshot or show where it's displaying incorrectly and list the groups/display orders for the fields?

The orders should all be based on group and display order so it should be consistent.
  5. alexp999

alexp999 Active Member

Not to worry, fixed it :)

I was passing the fields into a hook, and the order they get spat out in the hookparams array are different.

Wierd how once it is re-saved its not though.

Cheers for the help!