Resource icon

User Paid Sticky [Paid] 1.2.1

No permission to buy ($49.99)

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Slavik submitted a new resource:

User Paid Sticky (version 1.0.0) - Generate income by allowing users on your forum to purchase stickies for thier threads!

User Paid Sticky 1.0.0
What is User Paid Sticky?
User Paid Sticky helps generate income for your forum by allowing members to purchase a sticky for threads they create. You can set this to work on a per-forum basis or globally with easy to manage options.

It is especially effective in forums with business listings or classified...

Read more about this resource...

Great work Slavik!

I've been testing this mod out and it works brilliantly, it's perfect for those active classified sections of forums.

Would you consider including user group based discounts in addition to user-upgrade discounts?

I'm looking forward to the upcoming multiple sticky prices feature for longer sticky duration :)

I need to say wow! This will be a great addon for a lot of forums! For now i don't have any use for it but i will add this on my list when i start my forum to buy. Will be great for some kind of market forum..!

This was something I needed.

I'm planning to buy this addon when this feature is added.
Upcoming Features
  • Multiple sticky prices and options available for a thread. (eg Choose 1 day, 1 week or 1 month and be charged accordingly.)

Great work Slavik!

I've been testing this mod out and it works brilliantly, it's perfect for those active classified sections of forums.

Would you consider including user group based discounts in addition to user-upgrade discounts?

I'm looking forward to the upcoming multiple sticky prices feature for longer sticky duration :)

User group discounts should hopefully be in the next version.

This was something I needed.

I'm planning to buy this addon when this feature is added.

This might be a couple of weeks off still. Need to work out the best way to implement it.

PM sent, would like to purchase. Also for future, please consider virtual currency payments as an option. For example someone can purchase a sticky thread for say 5k points via [BD]Bank. Also a max limit per node both at a member and global would be great. Global so there aren't too many stickies overwhelming a section (think of what WHT would be like if stickies weren't limited) and a per member limit so a perk could be offered to certain usergroups like say a corp sponsor would receive three sticky per month free in their choice of forum.

Thanks for creating an addon I requested a while back.

A feature I was hoping you could consider is having a limit to the number of stickied threads at once. So a field in the node for selecting the max number of stickied or a global max would be nice as I would want to limit them so the stickied threads would be worth more. No point really in having two pages of stickied threads compared to higher priced threads for the top five spots.

Thanks for your continued support with your xenforo Addons.

Great idea! I will watch this one! I have nothing like this set up - never have - but it would be interesting to see if some of my users (maybe the retailers and manufacturers) would pay for Stickies in the classified section. Dealers are notorious for being cheapskates, though!

It would be neat to hear reports in this discussion about results that folks see on their forums.

I think, to be really effective, it would need options such as even deciding the position in the stickie list......that is, the stickies could rotate, or be first-come first served, or one coud go to the VIP section at the top of the list...etc.

Haven't really thought it out, but the idea would be to get positions bid up!

Great idea! I will watch this one! I have nothing like this set up - never have - but it would be interesting to see if some of my users (maybe the retailers and manufacturers) would pay for Stickies in the classified section. Dealers are notorious for being cheapskates, though!

It would be neat to hear reports in this discussion about results that folks see on their forums.

I think, to be really effective, it would need options such as even deciding the position in the stickie list......that is, the stickies could rotate, or be first-come first served, or one coud go to the VIP section at the top of the list...etc.

Haven't really thought it out, but the idea would be to get positions bid up!

Dealers might be cheapskates, but if priced right, having their thread always at the top is great for business!

As for ordering the stickies would require some sort of bidding system I guess, similar to adwords. Maybe for a 2.0 release in the future. But not anytime soon.

You can see it in use at P8ntballer (been going for 48 hours). http://p8ntballer-forums.com/forums/for-sale.55/

As you can see, this addon soon pays for itself (y)

Even a very simple version that allowed the stickie to have "top five" in them with a different css background for a higher price...even if not bid....might work. Just thinking out loud. I think once people open their wallets, they have a tendency to buy the more expensive seats.

That is, if the regular sticky was $10 for a week, they may go for $20 for the top five position.

Do you use this, Slavik? Can you share results? do people pay? Anyone else?

Hey, I'll install it on a percentage basis! ;) But you have to trust me.......

Even a very simple version that allowed the stickie to have "top five" in them with a different css background for a higher price...even if not bid....might work. Just thinking out loud. I think once people open their wallets, they have a tendency to buy the more expensive seats.

That is, if the regular sticky was $10 for a week, they may go for $20 for the top five position.

Do you use this, Slavik? Can you share results? do people pay? Anyone else?

Hey, I'll install it on a percentage basis! ;) But you have to trust me.......

Yep, it was one of my most successful vBulletin addons. My members love it and have been asking for it ever since the switchover to XF :)

"Premium" Sticky price / options.... sounds plauseable. Would have to have a good long think about how to implement it properly.

Maybe faking the dates would be the way?
As you can tell, I'm not a programmer. But if the default uses dates, that might work.....

I may just have to try this thing out......gotta come up with a scheme. As of now, I don't allow commercial postings in my classifieds......but I have some ideas to fix that.

Great ideas being generated....I love the idea of "Premium" Sticky price/options with different colors/images on background of thread listing. Or, an additional image (plus sign, thumbs up, etc) to bring attention to that particular thread.

A lot of you bring up good ideas.

@slavik any possibility of having a per node sticky allotment? No bidding, just a set number of max stickies such as 5 and when they are all taken the stickies must expire before anyone can purchase for that node?

Is it possible to also add the feature : pay additional money to have your sticky with a different background colour ? or something else to make it stand out more ?

Is it possible to also add the feature : pay additional money to have your sticky with a different background colour ? or something else to make it stand out more ?

I think that's what we are all talking about.......either raising it higher (relatively) on the list and/or background.

BTW, Slavik, I looked at the implementation on your board and think it would be improved by the basic css mod of having stickies above a line and a background color. The pushpin just doesn't do it for me alone.....

Mine are whiter than the other background and have a line and an ad separating them...but that is likely to change. I may use a color to make them stand out more:
http://www.hearth.com/talk/forums/the-hearth-room-wood-stoves-and-fireplaces.6/

Top Bottom