User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download
Its already causing long lost members to return.

@Xon is there a way you can think of send a notification email all members who have not visited since they were last tagged or quoted?
I think this would result in a lot of members returning.

@Xon is there a way you can think of send a notification email all members who have not visited since they were last tagged or quoted?
I think this would result in a lot of members returning.
This requires a lot more integration between tagging, quoting, and user presence that XenForo currently does. It could be done, but it would require some minor legwork to better record the information and make notifications reliably work based off how "recent" someone was online.

For this specific use case, it is very valuable but single use. But I can envision there are several uses for better recording the information.

In the usergroup permissions, there is a check box right below banner styling "Is Taggable" this controls whether or not the usergroup can be tagged/mentioned

Below that is "Is Private" which means only admins and members of that group can tag it

In permissions "Tag User Group" allows members of that group to tag any taggable group.

Also "Maximum mention alerts per message" controls the max number of users one who has the permission "Tag User Group" can tag. That's the limiting permission, it will tag X number of users, I believe in order of User ID, until it hits that limit. So if you have 10K users in a group that is taggable and you set that to 300, the first 300 get the mention alert for the group and the rest don't.
Thanks a lot for the explanation. I was having trouble after an upgrade.
Is it possible to add a prefix to all permissions from this addon. That way it would be easier to find the ones that need to be modified.
In my case, I was looking for "mention" (Ctrl+F) and didn't notice "Tag user group" option :oops:

Anyway, the addon works great, thanks!

Where does a user opt in to receive e-mails on mentions... I'm seeing it on the admin side but not the front end side.

Is there a way to opt in old members automatically with the mention feature?
You will need to use SQL;
Code:
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_tag = 1;
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_quote = 1;

Add a where clause as required

Please add an email alert for reviews as well.
Send email alert if:
  • Your content was reviewed. XFMG/XFRM/AMS/RMS
  • A comment was posted to your profile

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me how to setup the board so by default every user get email when is tagged, also how I can enable this now for all existant members and future members.

THANKS!

Can anyone please tell me how to setup the board so by default every user get email when is tagged, also how I can enable this now for all existant members and future members.

THANKS!
You can opt-in existing users with the following SQL:

Code:
Code:

It currently is not supported setting the default value for new users, please PM me if you want to fund this being added as, currently, it isn't a priority to implement.

Code:

When I simulate this query in PHPMyAdmin I get a selection of results, but it only shows a table with one column of zeros. I can't see who those users are. I kind of wanted to double check them before executing the query fully. Is there a way I can see the usernames or user IDs of the results of the above two queries?

upload_2017-6-17_14-12-51.webp

When I simulate this query in PHPMyAdmin I get a selection of results, but it only shows a table with one column of zeros. I can't see who those users are. I kind of wanted to double check them before executing the query fully. Is there a way I can see the usernames or user IDs of the results of the above two queries?

View attachment 153620
Something like the following should work;
Code:
 select user_id,  sv_email_on_quote from  xf_user_option where sv_email_on_quote = 0;
select user_id,  sv_email_on_tag from  xf_user_option where sv_email_on_tag = 0;

It currently is not supported setting the default value for new users, please PM me if you want to fund this being added as, currently, it isn't a priority to implement.

If any more users are interested in this please tell me and we maybe can arrange some group buy.

Top Bottom