User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download

RobinHood

Something like the following should work;
Code:
 select user_id,  sv_email_on_quote from  xf_user_option where sv_email_on_quote = 0;
select user_id,  sv_email_on_tag from  xf_user_option where sv_email_on_tag = 0;
Perfect, thanks :)

Veer

You will need to use SQL;
Code:
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_tag = 1;
update xf_user_option set sv_email_on_quote = 1;
Add a where clause as required
I used this query after installing the add-on, so all existing members are checked, that's good, thanks :)
But any new registrations do not have this checked by default, as we have XF's built-in email option checked by default, is there a way to make it checked by default for new registrations?

Xon

@Veer

Under the user registration options look for "Receive email when mentioned" and "Receive email when quoted" to configure the defaults on signup.

dutchbb

Would it be an option to only recieve email when mentioned in a thread you are not following? Because now i get an email from the tread and mention, but only a mention alert.

Maybe a better option is to only recieve the mention email then because you also only get the mention alert.

Xon

Would it be an option to only recieve email when mentioned in a thread you are not following? Because now i get an email from the tread and mention, but only a mention alert.

Maybe a better option is to only recieve the mention email then because you also only get the mention alert.
Yes, the last update;
There is a per-user option to receive emails when quoted.

For existing users; this setting is set by copying from a user's existing "email on being tagged" setting.

dutchbb

What i mean is when the option is selected to recieve email when tagged only recieve an email when you are tagged in a thread you are not following.

This prevents 2 emails for same post/thread.

maybe same option as for quotes?:

Send quote emails only on unreplied threads
Only send quote alert emails if the user has not posted in that thread before.

Xon

It should prevent sending multiple emails if you are tagged/quoted. Guess it is a buggy.

Floyd R Turbo

I've seen this happen as well when I am mentioned in a post in a thread I am watching, which I have previously read - I get the mention email as well as the new reply email

Reactions: Xon

viper357

Hi, is it possible to add an option in this screen for a user to opt-out from usergroup mentions? Or is there anywhere else that a user can opt-out from usergroup mentions? Thanks.

screenshot-www.marineaquariumsa.com-2017-07-26-12-37-37.png

Xon

Usergroup mentions are only controlled by the user's "mention you in a message" config or the usergroup being mentionable.

dutchbb

Still got a duplicate email when tagged in a thread i follow (tagged email and response to thread)

Xon

Still got a duplicate email when tagged in a thread i follow (tagged email and response to thread)
Could you send me a list of add-ons' you are using via PM? Do you have forum watching enabled for the forum this occurred in?

I'll try to hunt this bug down :(

dutchbb

Could you send me a list of add-ons' you are using via PM? Do you have forum watching enabled for the forum this occurred in?

I'll try to hunt this bug down :(
I think it is because i am following the forum ;) I just did this recently and before i did not have this problem.

Reactions: Xon

JordanH

Error info:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Access level to SV_UserTaggingImprovements_XenForo_DataWriter_UserGroup::_preSave() must be public (as in class NixFifty_Discord_DataWriter_UserGroup) - library/SV/UserTaggingImprovements/XenForo/DataWriter/UserGroup.php:45
Generated By: Jordan, A moment ago
Stack Trace
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
This one doesn't seem to work either.
Can't even save user groups now....

Floyd R Turbo

That's weird, it worked fine for me right off the bat. That error looks like a CHMOD setting maybe? Or maybe files didn't all upload?

JordanH

@JordanH thi sis an add-on conflict (redefining a protected method to pubic can easily break other add-ons).

This might be a bug with @NixFifty's discord add-on or some other add-on you have.
Yea I disabled his discord addon for now, but I am having issues with alerts. Same thing, users who are in a group aren't getting alerts when the group is tagged. As far as I'm aware, all permissions are set fine.

valdet

Hi @Xon how can I troubleshoot on why the Quote alert emails are not going out at all, while the other standard transactional emails go through just fine ?

The settings for: Enable User Mentions and Receive User Mention or Quote Alert Emails are both set to Allow for target usergroups