User Mentions Improvements by Xon

User Mentions Improvements by Xon 1.7.0

No permission to download
@Rambro I can't see any reason it should be working. Can you check to see if you have the per-forum user mention permission not configured? It should have a default value added to the standard registered user account. If this has been denied or removed someone then tagging wouldn't be working.
it defaulted to not set (no) but I moved them all to yes, just to be safe. i'm a bit stumped myself but its definitely not working out properly, and even when it does, i can't get it to say anything other than 'Rambo replied to X thread'.

This is likely an add-on conflict breaking the custom bbcode (USERGROUP), can you try disabling add-ons and repeating this until it no longer breaks?
Hmm weird I don't think I have any addons that could be interfering much less any that use BBCodes, but I will update my test forum later today and do that and let you know what the outcome is.

Hey Xon,

If I have the option Receive Tag Alert Emails checked, does that mean all new users will automatically be setup to receive emails upon tag alerts, and it's only existing users that need to opt in?

@Xon there is one issue i rly wish you can fix

If a member tag a group he is not in and is private, he wont be able to ofc

However, if a member in the group quote his post , an alert will be sent out

This is a very annoying little issue lol

@Xon there is one issue i rly wish you can fix

If a member tag a group he is not in and is private, he wont be able to ofc

However, if a member in the group quote his post , an alert will be sent out

This is a very annoying little issue lol
ooh. I know why it does this. Because the original user can't tag them it doesn't convert the @groupname into [usergroup] and thus triggers the alerting.

I'm not actually sure what it should do. Highlight them but not alert? But that leaks the group name.

ooh. I know why it does this. Because the original user can't tag them it doesn't convert the @groupname into [usergroup] and thus triggers the alerting.

I'm not actually sure what it should do. Highlight them but not alert? But that leaks the group name.
we dont have an issue for group names being shown since they are already publicly visible ... but it happens too often and some groups have 200 members and it really annoying them lol

solution would be, do not trigger alerts if it happens inside the quote box

@king8084 this is something that actually happens with [bd] tag me also, so I wonder if there just isn't anything you can do about it. I noticed that when someone quoted a post where I was mentioned, I got a push alert on Tapatalk saying that I was mentioned. I thought it was a tapatalk error. I didn't bother to check to see if XF generated the alert also. Interesting.

Having some issues with this add-on and was hoping someone could help me troubleshoot.
I successfully installed the add-on (1.2.4) on XF 1.5.7.
I enabled all options for the add-on (see attachment).
I also allowed the following usergroups to enable user mentions: Administrative, Super Moderators and Owner usergroups.

I then tried to tag those usergroups unsuccessfully by typing "@Administrative" or "@Super Moderators" or "@owner".

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.24.51 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 1.24.35 PM.webp

@dougiemac you need to grant the relevant user permission for a user group. You then need to go to each destination user group and enable that group to be tagable.

Xon, this won't install for me on a brand new installation of 1.5.10.

I get this error, whether I upload and extract, or use the installer you recommended. Was there a source code file that was left out of the zip?

Fatal error: Class 'SV_Utils_Install' not found in /home/x123/domains/x123.com/public_html/forum/library/SV/UserTaggingImprovements/Installer.php on line 10

Was there a source code file that was left out of the zip?
Yes, please re-download the latest version.

I updated my tooling so the installer is always included in the redistributable but looks like I missed some add-ons.

Reactions: J--
@Xon is this only for usergroups?
If I want to tag at once all members of Staff, I have to create usergroup Staff with all mods, super mods, admins and super admins?
There is not other way to simply tag at once all staff except creating new usergroup?
It will be pain if I have to alert complete staff if I have to write every time:
Code:
@moderator @administrator @superadministrator @supermoderator

Top Bottom