User Group Promotions not working

wirtheim

Hi all

I created in my forum a users group called premium users, they have more permissions and privileges.
I created a rule in user group promotions
  • Promotion is active
  • Add user to user groups:Premium users
  • marked - User is logged in, User arrived on this site from a search engine, User's forum account is associated with their Facebook account, User state is:Valid
Cron is also working

how ever, users dont get upgrade automaticly.

Help please.

This is a situation where "arrived from a search engine" doesn't work as it's attached to the person browsing so it mainly applies to things like notices. (There isn't really a scope to remove it from the conditions list that is used in multiple places.)

I just tested this and it worked correctly for me. Note that the cron only runs for active users. If you want to rebuild it for everyone, you can use the "rebuild cache" tool.

sry Mike,
I have rebuild the users cache and still not working.
I have registered users that I want to promote to premium users, the rule is OK, the cron is working but the users don't auto` upgrades...

BTW the premium users group is a paid group if it makes any difference...

It's not the user cache rebuild. You need to run "Rebuild User Group Promotions".

Please check the promoted users list (promotions -> manage) to confirm whether anyone has been promoted.

I am trying to apply a promotion as well. Simple one, based on post count, but it doesn't seem to apply the promotion despite members having more than enough posts...does it only come inplay once they post again, or the next time they are online? I should be seeing the promotion in their secondary user groups no?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I'm having similar issues the secondary user group does not get changed (most of the time, works rarely)

Created a promotion to private from probation only requirement is my user name and a member of probation group choosing the option Add user to user groups: private

I manually run the cron and check Manage promoted users, I see I have been promoted to private

But when I check my user I'm still a member of probation and not a member of private.

I have tried to run the clean up crons and rebuilt user group promotions in rebuild caches

I have gone to Manage promoted users and delete my promotion clicking the x twice to re allow me to be promoted and try again (it worked once for me tonight out of the 10 odd times I ran the cron)

Running xenforo 1.45 I have had this issue for ages in the past.

For the sake of bug searching I have been promoted in the past and used to be part of the private user group but for testing I have removed all member groups from my account and removed all traces of my name in manage promotions

Spent the last hr testing this having the user group assigned to all my users except me the super admin (all my user groups are the same I created a test user and upgraded then downgraded the upgraded and all worked fine) hmm

Promotions don't change the primary user group, they add (or remove) secondary user groups.

The two basic steps are to create the user group and create the promotion which will add the user group.
Ensure all of the criteria are correct as that is the most common reason for promotions not applying as expected.

Thanks for your reply Brogan Yes this is the secondary user group that is not changing and I meet the criteria to be promoted it even says I have been promoted but secondary user group does not change when I have double checked everything

I'm having similar issues the secondary user group does not get changed (most of the time, works rarely)

check Manage promoted users, I see I have been promoted to private

It's possible there's an orphaned record relating to a user group change depending on how the groups/promotions were removed, though it should normally be handled correctly. Try creating a new promotion and user group and (after) deleting the old promotion and then the old group. This may help deal with any issues that may occur due to ID reuse (which normally doesn't happen but can in certain situations).

I have a problem with User Group Promotions. User Groups often changed, added and removed several times.

This is Promotion settings:

NVMXc2r.png

jJzjTH6.png

An this is the changed log of a user:
CXCDHTK.png

I only have 1 active user promotions right now. Please advise! Thanks

Remove "is not a member of credit hunter" criteria. That's not needed with promotions, they won't apply to people already in the group. As it currently stands, with you putting that in, you're explicitly saying not to apply the promotion to anyone in the credit hunters group, so when someone is added automatically they are then automatically removed again.

Remove "is not a member of credit hunter" criteria. That's not needed with promotions, they won't apply to people already in the group. As it currently stands, with you putting that in, you're explicitly saying not to apply the promotion to anyone in the credit hunters group, so when someone is added automatically they are then automatically removed again.
Thank you for helping @Martok :)

Top Bottom