User Group Promotions not working

wirtheim

Hi all

I created in my forum a users group called premium users, they have more permissions and privileges.
I created a rule in user group promotions
  • Promotion is active
  • Add user to user groups:Premium users
  • marked - User is logged in, User arrived on this site from a search engine, User's forum account is associated with their Facebook account, User state is:Valid
Cron is also working

how ever, users dont get upgrade automaticly.

Help please.

Please advice!

User groups changed not as intended. User groups changed not as intended. What i want is, once a user added to a certain user group, then do not remove it anymore.
How do make it works?

img

img

The credits criteria is from an add-on, so really you should ask for support in the dedicated discussion thread for that add-on.

I would say though that the promotion looks like it's working as expected. Presumably credits can go down if a user uses them (I don't know, hence you needing to post in the dedicated discussion thread for that add-on). If so then when they have less than 10 credits they would be removed from that group.

Thanks for answering @Martok

The problem is not about credits. Likes received can be decrease too if an user does unlike related to other user.

What i want is: If an user has been added to a certain user group then that user will be excluded from this promotion. User will stay in that user group even if the likes he receives become 0 (zero).

How this options works? What does it means?
User is not a member of any of the selected user group.

Thanks

Demotion when the criteria is not met cannot be disabled for promotions. (It would require custom development/an add-on).
What does it means?
User is not a member of any of the selected user group?

IMO, it means: If a certain user has been a member of an user group then he will not be effect by this promotion criteria.
Am i right?

What does it means?
User is not a member of any of the selected user group?

IMO, it means: If a certain user has been a member of an user group then he will not be effect by this promotion criteria.
Am i right?
Nearly. It means if they are a member of a selected user group then the promotion won't apply.

Nearly. It means if they are a member of a selected user group then the promotion won't apply.
Good... thanks for continuous replying ;)

But when i checked it and choose a user group (Credit Hunter), it won't works as intended. I have test it last month, and here is the result. Any idea, please?
img

I have people who are getting user upgrades, money is submitted through Paypal, but they don't show up in the transaction history on the XenForo admin cp. Nor do they receive the user upgrade promotion. What could be causing this?

Is there any transaction log entry for them? If not, are IPNs enabled in PayPal?

There have not been any recent transaction log entry's. There were, but then it stopped and all of a sudden these issues started happening.

With PayPals new look, I can't seem to find anything with IPN's. How do you access it?

Annoyingly, I couldn't track it down on my account either (though it's possible I haven't converted it to the necessary type). It's traditionally be in your selling preferences, I believe.

Consider these two usergroup promotions:
  1. Lurker: valid user with no more than 0 posts. Not in newbie group.
  2. Newbie: valid user in group Lurker with 1 or more posts.
When a user makes 1 post, he is promoted to newbie which is correct. But he still keeps the Lurker group which should not be. What can I do to remove the Lurker Group?

Set the Lurker promotion to have the 'User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups' option checked with the Newbie user group selected.

Remove any user groups criteria from the Newbie user group.

Members with 0 posts will then be promoted to Lurker.
Once they make a post, they will be promoted to Newbie and also demoted from Lurker.

The next promotion is when they have 5 reputation points:
  1. Lurker: valid user with no more than 0 posts. Not in newbie group.
  2. Newbie: valid user in group Lurker with 1 or more posts. Not in Basic Group.
  3. Basic member: valid user with 10 or more posts and 5 reputation points.
Remove any user groups criteria from the Newbie user group.
If I understand correctly there needs to be a usergroup criteria for Newbie user group promotion, that the user should not be a member of the Basic user group. Is this correct?

Thanks. So if we consider a lower ranking group 'bad members' to which members get promoted if their reputation sinks below -30 then it would look like this:
  1. Bad member: valid user with any amount of posts, maximum -30 reputation. Not in Lurker, Newbie nor Basic member.
  2. Lurker: valid user with no more than 0 posts. Not in newbie group.
  3. Newbie: valid user in group Lurker with 1 or more posts. Not in Basic Group.
  4. Basic member: valid user with 10 or more posts and 5 reputation points.
Once a bad member receives reputation higher than -30 he should be promoted to any of the other groups.
Once a Lurker or Newbie has less than -30 reputation and he gets promoted to Bad member, their lurker or newbie group should be removed.

Top Bottom