User Activity by Xon

User Activity by Xon 2.13.4

No permission to download
Can you add "users who have read this thread" option, please?
This is an option we need also--it was part of RainDD's original add-on. Our staff often needs to see who has viewed a thread. (Long story short, it helps with moderation duties.) We only enable this for staff, as we don't want to tie up resources for guests to see it. (I haven't checked yet to see if it has usergroup permissions--I'm in the middle of a few other projects at the moment.)

Suggestion: Add option to show the "Users Who Are Viewing This Forum" list in a forum at the bottom (not top). :)

I guess this refers to the same issue:
How do you move the list to the bottom when the "Forum" is checked?

This is an option we need also--it was part of RainDD's original add-on. Our staff often needs to see who has viewed a thread. (Long story short, it helps with moderation duties.) We only enable this for staff, as we don't want to tie up resources for guests to see it. (I haven't checked yet to see if it has usergroup permissions--I'm in the middle of a few other projects at the moment.)
I haven't had time to implement this.

Suggestion: Add option to show the "Users Who Are Viewing This Forum" list in a forum at the bottom (not top). :)

I guess this refers to the same issue:
Should be a matter of disabling the template modification "Adds activity containers (list)" for the forum_view template. Then all you need todo is insert the following into the relevent place at the bottom of the forum list;
XML:
<xf:macro template="UA_ViewContainer_macros" 
          name="UserActivity" 
          arg-contentTypePhrase="{{ phrase('forum') }}" 
          arg-records="{$UA_Records}"/>

Hello
how is it possible to deactivate number of viewers in latest post widget?
Uncheck "Find New Threads" in the "Display Viewer Counts" option.

Hey @Xon this is a great add-on. First I owe you an apology for not being patient about your content rating add-on. I was able to use 1.3 of the add-on to import ratings to reactions and you did a good job with that.

Regarding this add-on I wanted to ask a couple questions. I've been using this since I first starting using XF2. My question is, I see that in "new posts" widget it shows the amount of guests viewing the new post. I would like to enable this for the forum sections on the forum_list but don't know how. I noticed it appears it has this option but I'm not sure how to enable it. Doesn't seem as straightforward as I would have hoped.

Any suggestions? Great work btw.

No worries @Xon I figured it out. I hope your next release of content ratings (reactions essentials) is better than [TH] Reactions Plus because while its a fairly decent add-on it does not have the features neither of the prior versions had. If so I will renew my license when you release it. But for this add-on, no worries I figured it out and this is a great add-on btw. Thank you

First. Thanks for the add-on share @Xon - It's truly appreciated.
RE:
I haven't had time to implement this.

It would be great if you could implement this additional functionality.
Subscribing in hopes that you can get it done. Otherwise = Thanks so much!

J.

I would also really love this feature. We have it enabled for our members, as they seem to like it :)

I would also really love this feature. We have it enabled for our members, as they seem to like it :)
We don't provide it for members due to the performance hit--we're getting over 2,000 members online during peak traffic periods now, so I keep things running leaner for members who aren't staff.

Reactions: Xon
We don't provide it for members due to the performance hit--we're getting over 2,000 members online during peak traffic periods now, so I keep things running leaner for members who aren't staff.
This is actually why default this add-on cap out at rendering 250 usernames/avatars (it is configurable!), as otherwise it is just a performance drain.

If you are using the MySQL backend (ie don't have redis installed and configured) this frankly isn't surprising. The redis-backend works fine with >400 users active in the same thread, and can be made to scale higher.

Server performance is well outside the scope of what support I can offer

If you are using the MySQL backend (ie don't have redis installed and configured) this frankly isn't surprising. The redis-backend works fine with >400 users active in the same thread, and can be made to scale higher.

Server performance is well outside the scope of what support I can offer
Okay
How do I turn redis on my server?

@Xon Could you clarify what the "Thread Contibute limit" is? Also I think this is a typo (There is no r in it to make it say contribute).

Yeah typo.

When you view a thread, it counts as activity for that thread, this is expected.

But it also counts as activity for the parent forum, and any parent forum of that forum, and so on. The "Thread Contribute limit", determines how many parent forums have their activity records updated when a thread view/activity is registered.

Top Bottom