User Activity by Xon

User Activity by Xon 2.13.4

No permission to download
New here regarding XenForo cache system, so was searching for which one's better "OPCache" or "APCu" since my hosting provider includes both.
While searching for difference here, found here you disliked it.
May I know the reason & can you suggest which one's between these two is better + which cache config is best ?
You should always have "OPCache" enabled for php.

Previous post describing the limitations of ACPu;
I can't recommend APCu due it known deadlock issues* and how poorly it scales with large number of entries**, and finally the lack of expiry handling means when the cache is full it flushes everything.

*If a php process dies (say due to slow query killer) inside APCu's lock every other process will then wait forever for a lock which can't be released.
** APCu does a linear scan through every item on every APCu api call, which takes longer the more keys you have which makes the above deadlock easier to trigger

We have now installed Redis (and your redisaddon) with your tool (User Activity by Xon)
for 2 days and have not had deadlocks since. Our Users love it!
Thank you for that and have a nice weekend.

An Update...

After using Memcached we removed all other (Memory) Caches.
Also your addon for rediscache and redis.

Unfortunately we got these deadlocks again.
However, there is an option for Mysql from Version 5.5 that prevents this.
See this posting:
No deadlocks have occurred since we started using this option in my.cnf.

Hth. :D

Redis is simple to setup and avoids changing the default transaction type which has fairly large and complex implications.

I'm using the Pixel Exit Edge style and the viewer activity is all caps at the bottom of threads. Not all caps in plain vanilla style. How do I fix?

This is probably something to ask Pixel Exit about as while this add-on doesn't use XF styling well; it isn't doing anything crazy.

Hello,
I have a bit of weird one here.. It always shows as a list of people actually viewing threads when they're not?
I.E
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 32, Guests: 224)
But there's only a handful really viewing it. Would a cache have an effect on this or something?
Thank you

Does it show who viewed a thread, or just users currently viewing?
Only who's currently viewing.
Indeed. I have just seen another similar one which does show these though... However that said, @Xon is always one to read suggestions and will say yay or nay.. so maybe ask him and make a feature suggestion?

Hello,
I have a bit of weird one here.. It always shows as a list of people actually viewing threads when they're not?
I.E
But there's only a handful really viewing it. Would a cache have an effect on this or something?
Thank you
It counts views in the last 5-15 minutes, so people might have viewed it once then moved on.

Indeed. I have just seen another similar one which does show these though... However that said, @Xon is always one to read suggestions and will say yay or nay.. so maybe ask him and make a feature suggestion?
I'ld probably do it as a separate add-on; it is just it is fairly tricky todo this in a way which scales for larger sites.

Is it possible to have this work in reports in the report center? (so moderators can see if another mod is already looking at it to help avoid overlap)

Top Bottom