1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URL Question, the .2 after the forum url

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ExpertPixels.com, Mar 28, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey guys..

I know it's prolly no big deal.. but after playing around with my categories.. there is no form of order in the urls.. here is what i mean.. say this is the order of my forums:

mysite.com/forums/news-announcements.18/
    mysite.com/forums/another-forum.1/
    mysite.com/forums/another-forum.48/

etc etc... I am sure this means bugga all in terms of SEO I really am being picky i know.. but before i submit to search engines is there anyway to manually re-order these ? I am not talking about using the "URL Portion" either..

Again not important.. and i am sure i'll end up adding more forums and they will end up messy anyways.

Regards, Darren

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no such option. And I do not recommend doing this manually in the database. There are too many references to the node_ids.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The only way is to rename them and move the threads.

You can't manually change the node ID.

4. ExpertPixels.com

Cheers Brogan.. I am being a little stupid wanting to do that anyway I think.. Thanks for replying tho.

Regards, Darren

5. M@rc

M@rc Well-Known Member

I use the URL Portion and Display Order features to avoid a "mess", or to save a couple of minutes when adding new forums (each forum; 5, 10, 15, 20 - new forum can be "13" to easily insert).

The URL Portion feature should rename the URL to something like :
    • /news-announcements/ instead of /news-announcements.18/
    • /another-forum/ instead of /another-forum.1/

6. ExpertPixels.com

Yes.. But it's set so that we do not create duplicate / identical forums.. I mean so we can't create the same forum url twice for different forums..

Regardless.. people are always going to add new forums / modify their forums / remove forums etc.. so no point in taking this further.

Regards, Darren