URL Question, the .2 after the forum url

ExpertPixels.com

Hey guys..

I know it's prolly no big deal.. but after playing around with my categories.. there is no form of order in the urls.. here is what i mean.. say this is the order of my forums:

mysite.com/forums/news-announcements.18/
mysite.com/forums/another-forum.1/
mysite.com/forums/another-forum.48/

etc etc... I am sure this means bugga all in terms of SEO I really am being picky i know.. but before i submit to search engines is there anyway to manually re-order these ? I am not talking about using the "URL Portion" either..

Again not important.. and i am sure i'll end up adding more forums and they will end up messy anyways.

Regards, Darren

Again not important.. and i am sure i'll end up adding more forums and they will end up messy anyways.
I use the URL Portion and Display Order features to avoid a "mess", or to save a couple of minutes when adding new forums (each forum; 5, 10, 15, 20 - new forum can be "13" to easily insert).

The URL Portion feature should rename the URL to something like :
  • /news-announcements/ instead of /news-announcements.18/
  • /another-forum/ instead of /another-forum.1/

I use the URL Portion and Display Order features to avoid a "mess", or to save a couple of minutes when adding new forums (each forum; 5, 10, 15, 20 - new forum can be "13" to easily insert).

The URL Portion feature should rename the URL to something like :
  • /news-announcements/ instead of /news-announcements.18/
  • /another-forum/ instead of /another-forum.1/

Yes.. But it's set so that we do not create duplicate / identical forums.. I mean so we can't create the same forum url twice for different forums..

Regardless.. people are always going to add new forums / modify their forums / remove forums etc.. so no point in taking this further.

Regards, Darren

Top Bottom