XF 1.2 Uploading Avatars: Not Displaying - Broken

Wesker

Permissions are set to 777 with uploading avatars, yet for every avatar uploaded, they give an error

c6g.gif

If you view the image directly in your browser, what does it show? Better yet, can we see the URL in question?

Basically the thumbnails aren't working but if you click on the users profile you can see the avatar or if you view their thread, you can see it. It's specifically though when you view the forums with all the threads that the thumbnails are broken.

I'm not sure if it's imagick or GD, not sure where I can view this. Imagick isn't installed on this server and I need to migrate to upgrade as I'm using an outdated version of Red Hat. Can I switch this to GD. Not familiar with this so need some pointers.

I'm not sure if it's imagick or GD, not sure where I can view this. Imagick isn't installed on this server and I need to migrate to upgrade as I'm using an outdated version of Red Hat. Can I switch this to GD. Not familiar with this so need some pointers.
ACP -> Options -> Attachments ->
The Default Image Processor near the bottom of the list.

So you have a medium and a large version of that avatar, but not the small version. The small version returns a 404. This indicates that the resizing is fine, as you wouldn't get a medium version otherwise.

This basically just points to permission issues (or a server move and content not being moved correctly, but I'm assuming it's not that). You should make sure the permissions on the data/ and internal_data/ and all directories and files within (recursively) are correct -- that usually means 0777.

Here is what someone said who analyzed the server:

Doing some quick digging the issue simply appears that your class from "Xenforo" has an undefined method it is trying to use.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Image_Gd::thumbnailFixedLongerSide() in /library/Waindigo/Avatar/Extend/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php on line 278.

This means your script library is missing the function/method called "thumbnailFixedLongerSide()" which looking at the actual documentation for this function/methods appears this one actually doesn't exist.

docs/classes/XenForo_Image_Gd.html

It does appear the method thumbnailFixedShorterSide() does exist though. I would have your developer of this script/module make sure this isn't a mistake.

So you have a medium and a large version of that avatar, but not the small version. The small version returns a 404. This indicates that the resizing is fine, as you wouldn't get a medium version otherwise.

This basically just points to permission issues (or a server move and content not being moved correctly, but I'm assuming it's not that). You should make sure the permissions on the data/ and internal_data/ and all directories and files within (recursively) are correct -- that usually means 0777.

All permissions are set to 777 including sub directories/files. Still not working.

Top Bottom