1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Uploading Avatars: Not Displaying - Broken

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Wesker, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Permissions are set to 777 with uploading avatars, yet for every avatar uploaded, they give an error

[​IMG]

2. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Active Member

Just curious, are you using a LiteSpeed webserver?

3. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

No.

4. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Active Member

Are you using GD or Imagick? Animated or non animated avatars or both?

5. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

No.

Simple .gif. Just a regular 192 x 192 icon.

6. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Active Member

It has to be one or the other. You should check in your XF settings whether you're using GD or Imagick for image manipulation.

Adam Howard likes this.
  7. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Where do I find this?

Note that it's just the thumbnails that aren't displaying.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you view the image directly in your browser, what does it show? Better yet, can we see the URL in question?

9. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Basically the thumbnails aren't working but if you click on the users profile you can see the avatar or if you view their thread, you can see it. It's specifically though when you view the forums with all the threads that the thumbnails are broken.

I'm not sure if it's imagick or GD, not sure where I can view this. Imagick isn't installed on this server and I need to migrate to upgrade as I'm using an outdated version of Red Hat. Can I switch this to GD. Not familiar with this so need some pointers.

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

ACP -> Options -> Attachments ->
    The Default Image Processor near the bottom of the list.

11. Mike

The questions in my previous post still stand -- notably, being able to see this directly would be the most useful method of debugging.

Tracy Perry likes this.
  12. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Great. It's GD then.

13. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Mike, Im going to PM you a link to the website right now. Thank you.

14. Mike

So you have a medium and a large version of that avatar, but not the small version. The small version returns a 404. This indicates that the resizing is fine, as you wouldn't get a medium version otherwise.

This basically just points to permission issues (or a server move and content not being moved correctly, but I'm assuming it's not that). You should make sure the permissions on the data/ and internal_data/ and all directories and files within (recursively) are correct -- that usually means 0777.

15. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Here is what someone said who analyzed the server:

Doing some quick digging the issue simply appears that your class from "Xenforo" has an undefined method it is trying to use.

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Image_Gd::thumbnailFixedLongerSide() in /library/Waindigo/Avatar/Extend/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php on line 278.

This means your script library is missing the function/method called "thumbnailFixedLongerSide()" which looking at the actual documentation for this function/methods appears this one actually doesn't exist.

docs/classes/XenForo_Image_Gd.html

It does appear the method thumbnailFixedShorterSide() does exist though. I would have your developer of this script/module make sure this isn't a mistake.

16. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

All permissions are set to 777 including sub directories/files. Still not working.

17. Mike

There's the problem - a Waindigo add-on. You'll need to contact him.

18. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

Looks like Ill have to uninstall it then. Disabling it didn't work which is what we tried initially.

19. Wesker

Wesker Active Member

I uninstalled and removed the files from the server for this Waindigo add-on yet the error still is there.

20. Mike

You've uploaded a new avatar and you're still receiving the fatal error?