Upgrading to 1.1 right now

Has the latest Xenforo beta (as of today) shown any bugs to you personally?

• Yes

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters
Also glad to see the flexibility of rapid development. Adding features during Beta "breaks all the rules", but when done carefully, there's no detrimental effect. Kier and Mike demonstrated again and again during their stewardship of vB that this CAN be done.

OK Im gonna go for a live site upgrade :) I like doin things that are not recommended and hey, there's always the revert to backup option LOL

Everything works fine apart from there is a bug with the user profiles in beta 2 where you can't view them, it's showing as been fixed but just need to wait for beta 3.

Well the upgrade went fine ....... Dont know why I am supprised really LOL ..

Everything works fine apart from there is a bug with the user profiles in beta 2 where you can't view them, it's showing as been fixed but just need to wait for beta 3.

Seem to be able to get into profiles fine on my site

Well the upgrade went fine ....... Dont know why I am supprised really LOL ..

Seem to be able to get into profiles fine on my site
I've had a look further into it and it seems it was the [animelon.com] Twitter in profile mod that was causing the problem.

Bribes gratefully accepted :whistle:

Always_Nuts.280182739_std.jpg

The best of them are attached to my application.

Basically what I want to ask other people who've taken the jump and upgraded is - how many of you have had any bug issues since implementing the latest beta?

Granted that I am still playing with 1.1b

The only issue I have seen is when moderating as an administrator to be able to hard delete a post you have to enable moderator permissions to allow admin to be able to hard delete thread, Not really an issue unless you only wanted an admin to be able to hard delete stuff rather than having to allow moderators the same permissions. I am still wondering why config.php does not override this when I am a super admin or even just being a admin regardless of config.php with all permissions set to allow. (I must be missing something)

Otherwise I am very impressed with it all including how google cache shows notices (y)

I voted yes, because clearly it has bugs. They are minor, there are NO showstoppers that I've run into. And the beta 3 is looking to solve all of them. My users haven't reported back on the sites that run 110b2 that something's annoying them, and I when I find something I poke kier or mike, and usually they're aware of it and already have a manual fix.

This beta 2 really feels like rc1. Again, quite impressed. Despite a few bugs.

The only issue I have seen is when moderating as an administrator to be able to hard delete a post you have to enable moderator permissions to allow admin to be able to hard delete thread, Not really an issue unless you only wanted an admin to be able to hard delete stuff rather than having to allow moderators the same permissions.
You're getting confused between administrators and moderators, they are two entirely separate roles.

It is very easy to assign hard delete permissions to individual moderators.

The senior moderator on my site has hard delete permissions, the others don't.

You're getting confused between administrators and moderators, they are two entirely separate roles.

It is very easy to assign hard delete permissions to individual moderators.

The senior moderator on my site has hard delete permissions, the others don't.
Correct, I seem to become unstuck understanding permissions that seem to do nothing when selected, Admin Hard Delete, Guest Upload etc.

Obviously they are not meant to be used as I read them, And being a super mod in config.php does not ensure I can do what I thought I could.... I dont suppose I can impose on your kind nature and ask for a link that covers this sort of thing in detail ?

Top Bottom