1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to 1.1 right now

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by kaoticnick, Oct 15, 2011.

?

Has the latest Xenforo beta (as of today) shown any bugs to you personally?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. kaoticnick

kaoticnick Member

So I'm a huge XF fan - etc. Loving it so far but I'm anxious to get on all the cool new features in 1.1! :D I also know that it's still in beta which means it's inherently unstable and I don't wanna crash my forum or anything else so disastrous :/ I also already know about backups and how to do them frequently just in case...

Basically what I want to ask other people who've taken the jump and upgraded is - how many of you have had any bug issues since implementing the latest beta? I want to gauge the chances of me having to do clean-up work "/

EDIT: In the poll when I said "as of today" I mean the latest beta version available up to this date - not whether you've had problems today - my bad!

2. Rigel Kentaurus

Rigel Kentaurus Well-Known Member

I have been running it in my production site since it was released (fanficslandia.com)
    It is pretty good and usable. No crashes.
    I reported some bugs, but those bugs were translation for phrases and some really really minor things ...

kaoticnick likes this.
  3. kaoticnick

kaoticnick Member

Thanks for the feedback dude! :) I'm thinking I'll make the jump tonight depending on if/what anyone else has to say in this thread between now and then!

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Kier and Mike are still tweaking 1.1 and adding small adjustments to the new features, so if you can hang on a few weeks it might be worth the wait to get 1.1 stable.

I'm equally itching to switch ... (y)

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

erich37, ChemicalKicks and kaoticnick like this.
  5. kaoticnick

kaoticnick Member

Thanks for the feedback! :D I guess it can't hurt to wait until there's a stable release (y) Still undecided though :unsure:

6. akhi_234

akhi_234 Member

what is the release date for this version?

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There's a really cool new feature coming too in Beta 3 ;)

CapnLuffy, iXanon, duydangle and 3 others like this.
  8. CyclingTribe

Tease!! :ROFLMAO:

9. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

We upgraded to beta 10 days ago and haven't noticed any errors other then some of the plugins didn't work anymore, sorry but I don't remember which ones.

10. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I want to upgrade my site for one feature only. Its the RTL (meaning right to left website for my arabic site) in my case I rather wait. Otherwise, everything seems working without any major problems. My suggestion for you is to wait, but if you already run the upgrade. Don't worry, XF team are working 24/7 to solve all know bugs. Checkout all known bugs at this stage. Submit a Bug

11. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

Which!? :eek:

12. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Will we be able to Ignore Mods?

iXanon likes this.
  13. Brogan

Oh, that hurts... :(

iXanon, kaoticnick, duydangle and 2 others like this.
  14. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

I updated my site the second day of beta 1, haven't run into bugs personally! And it feels as good as stable to me :p But that's just coz I'm not into to much of the technical stuff maybe xD Nor have my users reported any errors so the Beta is working perfectly on my forum :p

15. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

DAMN YOU BROGAN! :mad:

You and your insider information!

CapnLuffy and kaoticnick like this.
  16. robdog

robdog Well-Known Member

I upgrade all 4 of my XenForo sites to 1.1 Beta 2 and haven't had an issue. Stop waiting and just do it! :)

Seriously, this is not like the "other" forum software. XenDevs are giving the freedom to make a quality product and release excellent builds.

17. kaoticnick

kaoticnick Member

@Robdog - You pushed me over the edge - I'm uploading the files now :D

If **** happens...*cracks knuckles* :mad:

JK! :p

But yeah - I'm excited! :D

I'll post back here when I'm done toying with it!

18. CyclingTribe

Nooooooooooooooo don't do it ....... lol :)

kaoticnick likes this.
  19. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I so hope this is the ability to set topic only to moderation instead of every post :(

20. Brogan

There are actually a few new features, which have been widely requested, but that's all I'm saying :D

Bribes gratefully accepted :whistle:

CapnLuffy, Marc, Luis and 1 other person like this.