Updated XF Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgain

This wasn't a surprise as Brogan recently issued a serious warning that the rules were going to be changed a great deal, implying the whole nature of the XF community was about to be reformed.
That was a little unnerving as I like and respect the XF community a lot.
So I dutifully read the page linked but I can't see anything that looks particularly different. Just the usual kind of stuff.
Could someone tell me what has changed?

I would suggest that if you can't see any difference in the rules, then perhaps you weren't aware of what the rules were originally :)

What's changed isn't important. The important bit is what the rules are now and that we adhere to them.

It may not stop the bickering but as the rules clearly state, both parties will be warned and with the accumulation of warning points their account status will be limited meaning they will eventually no longer be able to post.

It may not stop the bickering but as the rules clearly state, both parties will be warned and with the accumulation of warning points their account status will be limited meaning they will eventually no longer be able to post.

Yeah, that may be a problem. I won't go into though but suffice to say I'd rather see my account deleted than be put into a moderation queue if "debating" is regarded as bickering. But we'll see what happens.

If we want to be honest for a second, less than 1% of the vistors really read forum rules (or any rules/agreements).

I would suggest that if you can't see any difference in the rules, then perhaps you weren't aware of what the rules were originally :)
I guess I just assumed that those were the rules anyway.
If you can't see anything particularly different, I guess your fears about the whole nature of the XF community being reformed were unfounded. Which is good, right?
Yes all very reassuring. :)

Read the rules, agree with them fully. This is a business support forum, not a place for general chat and socializing.

I think they are pretty lenient to be honest - I have come across much worse! ;)

No problem with the rules ... but purleeeesss can you change all the instances of Content to content (small 'c'). ;) :p

<nit-picking>
Or are you using a capital letter for Content and Service to define an all-encompassing word as you might, for example, in a contract?

</nit-picking>

Last edited:
Content and Service have been capitalised since the phrase text was changed for 1.1.2.

Are these rules starting from this day forth or will you be retroactively applying warnings?

If you can't see anything particularly different, I guess your fears about the whole nature of the XF community being reformed were unfounded. Which is good, right?
Question about rule #15

How will that be applied?

I know individuals who use what is known as a shared VPN (virtual private network) and as such, their IP addresses from time to time may overlap.

A good example of this is a corporation (business) or governing body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom