1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated XF Rules

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Morgain, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

This wasn't a surprise as Brogan recently issued a serious warning that the rules were going to be changed a great deal, implying the whole nature of the XF community was about to be reformed.
    That was a little unnerving as I like and respect the XF community a lot.
    So I dutifully read the page linked but I can't see anything that looks particularly different. Just the usual kind of stuff.
    Could someone tell me what has changed?

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

More, clarification, rather than new rules.

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All of the rules have been added.
    Prior to this point there was nothing formally written down.

ZeWildGuy likes this.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would suggest that if you can't see any difference in the rules, then perhaps you weren't aware of what the rules were originally :)

What's changed isn't important. The important bit is what the rules are now and that we adhere to them.

Forsaken, Amaury, Mike54 and 3 others like this.
  5. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you can't see anything particularly different, I guess your fears about the whole nature of the XF community being reformed were unfounded. Which is good, right?

Rudy, s.molinari, Forsaken and 13 others like this.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Are you hopeful this will stop the bickering?

7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I like the new rules. A lot clearer, so no room for misunderstanding :D

Chris D likes this.
  8. Brogan

It may not stop the bickering but as the rules clearly state, both parties will be warned and with the accumulation of warning points their account status will be limited meaning they will eventually no longer be able to post.

Rudy and Adam Howard like this.
  9. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Yeah, that may be a problem. I won't go into though but suffice to say I'd rather see my account deleted than be put into a moderation queue if "debating" is regarded as bickering. But we'll see what happens.

10. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

If we want to be honest for a second, less than 1% of the vistors really read forum rules (or any rules/agreements).

11. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Which is fine.

It doesn't mean the rules won't apply to them, though.

12. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

I guess I just assumed that those were the rules anyway.
    Yes all very reassuring. :)

13. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Read the rules, agree with them fully. This is a business support forum, not a place for general chat and socializing.

I think they are pretty lenient to be honest - I have come across much worse! ;)

14. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

No problem with the rules ... but purleeeesss can you change all the instances of Content to content (small 'c'). ;) :p

<nit-picking>
    Or are you using a capital letter for Content and Service to define an all-encompassing word as you might, for example, in a contract?

</nit-picking>

Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  15. Brogan

Content and Service have been capitalised since the phrase text was changed for 1.1.2.

16. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

Well, I must confess, I'm not a regular visitor to the Terms page (but then, who is?) ... :LOL:

17. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Agree wholeheartedly. And IMO, Off Topic should go bye-bye so xf.com can actually be a business site.

Rudy, Lee and CyclingTribe like this.
  18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Are these rules starting from this day forth or will you be retroactively applying warnings?

19. Brogan

From now.

DRE likes this.
  20. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Question about rule #15

How will that be applied?

I know individuals who use what is known as a shared VPN (virtual private network) and as such, their IP addresses from time to time may overlap.

A good example of this is a corporation (business) or governing body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.