Unregistered members viewing profiles

kelebek

Me again :D

I was wondering if there's a way I can set it so that unregistered members/guests cannot view member profiles.

I know each member can set this for themselves, but i'd prefer to do it all in one go so guests cannot see profiles without signing up. How would I do that?

TIA

i took a different approach, instead leaving members the option to have their profiles visible to the unregistered (such as the superadmin account does).
in registration options i set 'can view my profile' to 'members only' as the default selection.
doing this rather than using usergroup perms allows members to opt-in to making their profiles readable.

i took a different approach, instead leaving members the option to have their profiles visible to the unregistered (such as the superadmin account does).
in registration options i set 'can view my profile' to 'members only' as the default selection.
doing this rather than using usergroup perms allows members to opt-in to making their profiles readable.

great idea!
Could you please describe in detail of how to set this up ?

Many thanks!

ACP -> Options -> User Registration - View this user's profile page details: Members Only

ACP -> Users -> User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed - View user profiles: Allow

Top Bottom