XF 2.1 Members - "viewing unknown page" Error

DigNap15

Hello
I have just noticed that if I look at my members list
Just about half of them have the "Viewing Unknown page" error with a black triangle.
If I lclick on the traingle there is no hint
I could understand one of two but 30 or 40 unknown page errors?

Hello
I have just noticed that if I look at my members list
Just about half of them have the "Viewing Unknown page" error with a black triangle.
If I lclick on the traingle there is no hint
I could understand one of two but 30 or 40 unknown page errors?
Mine have been the same for some time too and I have no idea what it is or how to fix it.

You'll need to check your web server access logs to figure out exactly what they're requesting and go from there.
Indeed, thank you.
Thanks for that.
Why is running a forum so hard?
No wonder so many people give up
Yeah things like this are a test. It can be a real pain sometimes, mostly for the end user too.
My biggest issues are; members always complaining about navigation. Retention. Ease of use. et al.
Let's be honest, it's not hard, but we always seem to be babysitting too...

bots do things they aren't supposed to all the time. or people type in urls that don't exist. etc. don't waste too much time on it.

If they are real members, PM them and ask them to report what they did.

I cant belive so many of my good members are getting such errors
I had just changed my logo banner
I wonder if that is the problem, I know the cache can be a problem, sometimes pressing F5 works but next time you call up the forum the old logo is back

No need to wonder. You'll need to check your web server access logs to figure out exactly what they're requesting and go from there.
There are so many and its hard to know how to fix them all, especially as I also have a hand-coded webiste with my xenforo forum attached.
Where is the best place to go to try to find otu hwo to fix each one?

I want to say that I am also having this issue and heard it might have something to do with [th] trending but I'm not entirely sure. Google bots are always viewing an unknown page with an error for some reason when I am logged in. If I check the same bot when I am logged out then the error is gone. I posted a thread about this over 1 year ago and it's still happening. So this isn't just something that I can blow off to be normal. There really is something going on here. @Ozzy47

I'm going to tag @JoyFreak because the same thing was happening to him too.

Top Bottom