1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unregistered members viewing profiles

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by kelebek, Feb 20, 2011.

1. kelebek

kelebek Active Member

Me again :D

I was wondering if there's a way I can set it so that unregistered members/guests cannot view member profiles.

I know each member can set this for themselves, but i'd prefer to do it all in one go so guests cannot see profiles without signing up. How would I do that?

TIA

erich37 likes this.
  2. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Usergroup permission and do that for Unregistered group

kelebek likes this.
  3. kelebek

kelebek Active Member

Thanks for your help, got it.

4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

User Group Permissions: Unregistered / Unconfirmed

View user profiles: Not set (NO)

erich37 and kelebek like this.
  5. kelebek

kelebek Active Member

Ha ha ha ha oops sorry i'm blushing now. :oops: Should really learn to read properly before opening my mouth (err, fingers)

Thanks a lot for your speedy help. :)

6. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

i took a different approach, instead leaving members the option to have their profiles visible to the unregistered (such as the superadmin account does).
    in registration options i set 'can view my profile' to 'members only' as the default selection.
    doing this rather than using usergroup perms allows members to opt-in to making their profiles readable.

Steve F likes this.
  7. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

great idea!
    Could you please describe in detail of how to set this up ?

Many thanks!

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

ACP -> Options -> User Registration - View this user's profile page details: Members Only

ACP -> Users -> User Groups -> Unregistered / Unconfirmed - View user profiles: Allow

dieketzer likes this.