Banned Members viewing forum

keithgh

I have banned many for various reasons no problems there.

How is it that a banned Member can still view the Forums Topics?

Keith

I have banned many for various reasons no problems there.

How is it that a banned Member can still view the Forums Topics?

Keith
They will probably be seen as viewing something like say going back in their browser or trying to find links and areas from known use, but they will get an error straight away 'you do not have permission to view...' etc.
Are you sure 100% they're in the banned usergroup? If so they won't be able to view a thing and eventually will go idle.

Only way a banned member can read anything on a forum would be to use a browser that did not have previous cookies stored or using incognito mode.

If a banned member logs out they become a visitor and as such can view anything a visitor can view; if they login then you would need to move them into a group that has no permissions to view any content, the caveat there is that they have to be logged in. All they need to do is clear any cookies from their device and they go back to square one - until they login again.

;)

Thank you all.

Yes they are definitely Banned as I have a record of them and when.

Only a small percentage are coming back. I started to notice it was often the same two or three banned members on at the same time.

Keith

Thank you all.

Yes they are definitely Banned as I have a record of them and when.

Only a small percentage are coming back. I started to notice it was often the same two or three banned members on at the same time.

Keith
If that's the case, check their IP and log history as it may be the same people/person trying to get back in.
They won't see anything really though.

Top Bottom