Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
Anybody else using this with the latest UI.X and it not showing up any more?
Since I upgraded two of my sites to @Audentio's latest UI.X neither one of them show anything.

EDIT:

Well, it's not only this that's not working but Digital Points UserMap and localhost8080's User Map.

Last edited:
Anybody else using this with the latest UI.X and it not showing up any more?
Since I upgraded two of my sites to @Audentio's latest UI.X neither one of them show anything.
Maybe this:

@Audentio - are you specifically applying the Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied to the navigation template for any reason?

View attachment 72866
This broke a few things, such as the unread post count, and features threads link from displaying (plus my own custom navigation link)

Just un-check and save.
If you are talking about on the navigation template the " Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied" that didn't solve anything. May need to do a master rebuild to see if that helps.

If you are talking about on the navigation template the " Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied" that didn't solve anything. May need to do a master rebuild to see if that helps.
You need to uncheck it from the top level style. In my case:
Code:
UI.X -->
     UI.X --> EDITED
           Z22SE

Thanks guys.

I ran across the same problem but I assumed it was something I'd done and I didn't notice it wasn't applying TMs there...! So I fixed it another way.

Thanks guys.

I ran across the same problem but I assumed it was something I'd done and I didn't notice it wasn't applying TMs there...! So I fixed it another way.

I'm having issues displaying the unread post count on the home page (using XenPorta); and I'm using Audentio's Antiquark Style. Would love to know how to fix this. It shows well on Community pages.

Bingo.. thanks @MattW... that took care of it.
In my case, it's unchecked already. Still not showing.

I'm having issues displaying the unread post count on the home page (using XenPorta); and I'm using Audentio's Antiquark Style. Would love to know how to fix this. It shows well on Community pages.

In my case, it's unchecked already. Still not showing.
If it's showing correctly on community pages, and not on XenPorta, then it's probably something specific to XenPorta. I personally struggled to get anything to work correctly add-on wise with XenPorta, so gave up trying to support that in the few add-ons I've written, as Jaxel won't reply if you ask for help.

is there any way to get it to refresh the post count when posts have been deleted as it's confusing my users when I delete a spam post and it's showing as one new post but displays nothing.

The question hasn't been ignored. I just don't have an answer yet. When I do. I'll post one.

Hey Chris, I don't suppose you have a solution to this yet? Also, when a new member signs up, they have a huge unread post count... would it be possible to have the option of turning this off?

I'm still testing a solution for that.

The number displayed is the exact number of unread posts on the board that appear in the threads listed on the New Posts page. Displaying anything other than the amount of posts there would be inaccurate and potentially confusing.

The solution is to reduce the amount of posts that appear in the New Posts page. That can be done by changing the default XenForo option "Read Marking Data Lifetime". (Search for it in your Admin CP search). It's default is 30 days. My recommendation is to reduce it to something much smaller.

Is there anyway of getting this to work with Brogans featured threads addon.

I have the Home tab links option on which shows the same navigation as in the forum, only problem is the number of unread posts doesn't show.

Not a big deal if it's not easy to sort.

Is there anyway of getting this to work with Brogans featured threads addon.

I have the Home tab links option on which shows the same navigation as in the forum, only problem is the number of unread posts doesn't show.

Not a big deal if it's not easy to sort.
Yes, this can be done.

In the template cta_featuredthreads_navigation_tab_links

Find
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Replace with
Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}<xen:include template="unread_posts_count" /></a></li>

Works great, however I have this small issue:

newposts.webp

How or where would I change the background from black to transparent, or what do I need to add to extra.css to sort this please.

Thanks

Top Bottom