Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
Chris, got a couple of members reporting a single post being notified as unread, but they don't have any unread posts left

62765_new_post.jpg

Old bug, unfortunately.

I have it sort of fixed in a newer version but it caused another bug but I've been too busy to sort it.

The 1 unread post they are seeing is an unread post in a soft deleted thread.

Workaround is to simply mark all forums read.

Just a small suggestion, @Chris D. :)

In your resource description, perhaps update the screenshot since it is now phrased as New Posts. Then perhaps update this sentence as well for the same reason:

Chris D said:
The add-on displays a counter above the "What's New?" link on the navigation bar.

No. That wouldn't make sense. And there is no read marking data for profile posts anyway.

Reactions: rdn
Yup the profile updates on the New Posts tab doesn't make that much sense by itself, social features need more organization on xenforo, eh!

Unfortunately this add-on increased server load considerably for me (mysql cpu usage went from roughly 1%-10% to 60%-400%). Maybe an issue with the setup of my server rather than a fault with the add-on but it was definitely the cause. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution as I'd love to enable it if I could keep the load down?

Unfortunately this add-on increased server load considerably for me (mysql cpu usage went from roughly 1%-10% to 60%-400%). Maybe an issue with the setup of my server rather than a fault with the add-on but it was definitely the cause. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution as I'd love to enable it if I could keep the load down?
https://theadminzone.com/threads/mariadb-consuming-a-lot-of-cpu-please-advice.118653/#post-861132
Didn't find any solution.

There definitely seems to be a mixed experience.

I think even some busy boards are able to run this without much issue.

Some issues were reported here, but resolved after a small config change:
Just ran into some speed issues with this as well. Not sure if you can do much of anything to help it but here is the query. Almost 4 seconds to run it.

Code:
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM xf_post AS post
INNER JOIN xf_thread AS thread ON
    (post.thread_id = thread.thread_id AND thread.node_id IN (3, 9, 13, 17, 43, 39, 2, 30, 18, 42, 45, 4, 33, 24, 32, 5, 7, 34, 41, 26, 10, 19, 20, 11))
INNER JOIN xf_forum AS forum ON
    (forum.node_id = thread.node_id AND forum.find_new = 1)
LEFT JOIN xf_thread_read AS thread_read ON
    (thread_read.thread_id = thread.thread_id AND thread_read.user_id = ?)
LEFT JOIN xf_forum_read AS forum_read ON
    (forum_read.node_id = thread.node_id AND forum_read.user_id = ?)
WHERE post.post_date > ?
AND post.message_state = 'visible'
AND post.post_date > GREATEST(
    IF (thread_read.thread_read_date IS NULL, 0, thread_read.thread_read_date),
    IF (forum_read.forum_read_date IS NULL, 0, forum_read.forum_read_date)
)
Params: 2819, 2819, 1388301277
Run Time: 3.932912
Select Type    Table    Type    Possible Keys    Key    Key Len    Ref    Rows    Extra
SIMPLE    forum    ALL    PRIMARY                   25    Using where
SIMPLE    thread    ref    PRIMARY,node_id_last_post_date,node_id_sticky_state_last_post    node_id_last_post_date    4    aspies_xen.forum.node_id    81    Using index
SIMPLE    thread_read    eq_ref    user_id_thread_id,thread_id    user_id_thread_id    8    const,aspies_xen.thread.thread_id    1   
SIMPLE    forum_read    eq_ref    user_id_node_id,node_id    user_id_node_id    8    const,aspies_xen.forum.node_id    1   
SIMPLE    post    ref    thread_id_post_date,thread_id_position,unread_post_count_post_date    thread_id_position    4    aspies_xen.thread.thread_id    6    Using where

Scratch that. I think this was a server configuration issue. This server had a stock my.cnf that was only allocating 16MB to innodb_buffer. Optimized it and now it loads fast.

Good for you. I wasn't citing it as the only solution. It was just something that worked for someone else.

Top Bottom