Unread Post Count

Unread Post Count 1.2.0

No permission to download
Actually in thinking about it a bit i kind of wish these two plugins behavior were reversed.. Since Chris's Plugin will always have a much higher value it would seem to make more sense in the visitors panel where unread threads would always have a smaller value and probably look better as a balloon in the navbar. (IMO) Actually id like to see both rolled into one and shown in the statistics block in the sidebar but thats surly a different plugin altogether. :p

I like what Chris has come up with and our members love it too. But it's slowing down our board. One solution could be to show count of unread threads instead of posts; if that improves the performance.

I'm muling over purchasing the Elastic Search addon for our site. Not sure if it'll add value though?

Make it a premium member feature. Less people hitting the queries. We did this on MustangEvolution.com when it was large enough that the queries were showing up in the slow query log. Helped generate more premium membership subscriptions as well, because those that lost it really enjoyed it. We just explained it was a drag on our server so we had to limit it.

Oh wait... Maybe 2.

Apparently performance blows but I still can't see how it's possible. Potential improvements will be tried.

Oh wait... Maybe 2.

Apparently performance blows but I still can't see how it's possible. Potential improvements will be tried.

I haven't seen any noticeable change of performance after installing this - but I am on a powerful dedicated server so I don't know...

Do you want to try this out on CE? We can test how the performance is affected if the addon is turned on.

If you would be willing:

1) Temporarily make my account an admin account
2) Temporarily enable Debug mode

Someone mentioned it earlier, but its not working properly with either Soft Responsive or Black Responsive. On soft responsive, it looks like this:

CapturFiles.webp

But if you have the Nav bar merged into just one bar, it doesn't show up at all:

CapturFiles_1.webp

Current version on 1.1.5

I'm sorry people are going to be kind of on their own when it comes to custom styles. It actually wasn't working at all on Soft Responsive until version 1.0.10 which it now does.

I can't guarantee it will work on all styles without additional work from you or advice from your style creators to get it working.

As for the What's New link inside the tab - it's not designed to show there. It will only show in the navigation links area.

Got nothing but love for ya Chris. Just showing you what happened on my end when I installed. If it can be fixed, great. If not, I'll survive the crushing blow to the future of my forum...

Top Bottom