Read the rest of this update entry...
- Resolves a bug which was counting posts in forums where "show in What's New" was disabled.
- Resolves a bug which was counting posts that were moderated or deleted.
- Resolves a bug where the whats_new phrase wasn't escaped properly meaning adjustments to the phrase (specifically without the ?) would cause the add-on not to display the count.
- The above fix also makes the add-on more compatible with RTL languages.
- Regular expression has been slightly adjusted so as to work better with all styles and add-ons and other customisations.
What SQL server are you using (MySQL, Percona, etc). What web server and caching is set up? Many variables can come into play, even on a dedicated server. Sometimes you may think it's a fine tuned machine... until it hits those big stretches.I'm on a dedicated server and it's fast. After the installation of the addon I logged in on the front-end with an administrative user that I rarely use and every page of the board take several seconds to load. That user have ≈3k threads unread. To try I think you have to manually create threads via SQL query in a test enviroment, and then see what happen.
There is already an Unread Threads Counter plugin that show in the Visitor Panel in the Sidebar.. Can be found here http://xenforo.com/community/resources/unread-threads-counter.1783/ the link location is different but i have no real complaints however once i get Chris's sorted out i will be removing that one altogether, as i prefer to know how many posts i have unread opposed to unread threads. and i do like the balloon effect.Could you just make it a number of 'unread threads', instead of 'unread posts'? I think that should solve the problem.