XF 1.4 Uninstalling addons

Mr Lucky

If I uninstall an addon, I noticed that some unistallations remove the tables form the database, others don't.

Is this a problem?

Is there a best practice?

e,g, should I uninstall the addon, then remove the addons files from library, and the tables from database?

Thanks

If an add-on is written properly, when you uninstall it any tables or additional columns it added should be removed. If they aren't, you should report this to the add-on creator.

Once you've uninstalled an add-on it shouldn't do any harm if you leave the add-on files but it is good practice to remove them. I look at a copy of the add-on to see what files it contains and then remove these from my website.

If an add-on is written properly, when you uninstall it any tables or additional columns it added should be removed. If they aren't, you should report this to the add-on creator.

Will do.

But is it OK for me to remove those tables in phpmyadmin?

Once you've uninstalled an add-on it shouldn't do any harm if you leave the add-on files but it is good practice to remove them. I look at a copy of the add-on to see what files it contains and then remove these from my website.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's what I do. So nothing gets put anywhere else that I need know about. (I'm asking that because I read about ******* addons not uninstalling properly.

Last edited:
I'd double check with the author that the tables were installed by their add-on and that manually removing them is OK. It should be, but better to be safe than sorry.

Top Bottom