1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Uninstalling addons

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Mr Lucky, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

If I uninstall an addon, I noticed that some unistallations remove the tables form the database, others don't.

Is this a problem?

Is there a best practice?

e,g, should I uninstall the addon, then remove the addons files from library, and the tables from database?

Thanks

2. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If an add-on is written properly, when you uninstall it any tables or additional columns it added should be removed. If they aren't, you should report this to the add-on creator.

Once you've uninstalled an add-on it shouldn't do any harm if you leave the add-on files but it is good practice to remove them. I look at a copy of the add-on to see what files it contains and then remove these from my website.

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

Will do.

But is it OK for me to remove those tables in phpmyadmin?

Once you've uninstalled an add-on it shouldn't do any harm if you leave the add-on files but it is good practice to remove them. I look at a copy of the add-on to see what files it contains and then remove these from my website.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. That's what I do. So nothing gets put anywhere else that I need know about. (I'm asking that because I read about ******* addons not uninstalling properly.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I'd double check with the author that the tables were installed by their add-on and that manually removing them is OK. It should be, but better to be safe than sorry.