Not a bug Unable to paste into code popup

MattW

Affected version
Samsung S8+ with Chrome

Unable to paste into the code popup box. Long hold to paste closes the keyboard and doesn't give the option to paste (as it does in the editor window)

Possibly specific to the Samsung S8+? I've just tried this with the Samsung S7 with Chrome and it's fine.

Could it be related to the Samsung keyboard on the S8+? Does the issue occur with the Google keyboard (or another keyboard). It is fine with the Samsung keyboard on the S7.

Could it be related to the Samsung keyboard on the S8+? Does the issue occur with the Google keyboard (or another keyboard). It is fine with the Samsung keyboard on the S7.
I'm using SwiftKey for the keyboard.

I'll try on my Tab S2 as well and see if it's the same on there.

I've tried it on the Tab S2 as well, same thing. I've switched back to the default Samsung Keyboard, and it's the same.

Strange that there's issues on those devices and not on my S7.

I'm assuming that Chrome is up-to-date. What version of Android is on your devices? I'm on 7.0.

Presumably it's reproducible here? Any particular code you are trying to paste? Just so I can try to see if I can replicate the issue.

Yeah, both devices are fully upto date. Only had the S8+ since last week. Android version is 7 on the phone and tablet.

It's on here where I'm getting the issue. I can't paste anything into the code box. Doesn't matter what text is previously copied into the clipboard.

Ah! I've been able to get it to work. You need to actually press on the line itself, and not just in the code box!
Indeed, that's what I was doing, tapping to get the carat before pasting.

I did wonder if it was defaulting to having the Language dropdown selected by default. I compared it to on here and, if you try to add Code after already typing some text into a post, the behaviour is the same (ie no carat in the code box until you click), if you try to add Code right at the start of a post (ie you've not typed anything in) then there is a carat in the code box. This behaviour seems inconsistent.

Top Bottom