Fixed Firefox mobile can't paste into "insert link"/"insert image" editor menus

Affected version
To reproduce:
  • Use Firefox mobile
  • Open the insert link menu
  • Long press on either text field to bring up the "paste" button
  • Click the paste button

Expected behavior: the clipboard text appears in the field

Observed behavior: the menu closes, aborting the interaction.

Firefox Mobile 68.1.1, Android 8.1.0. Behavior does not occur on Chrome.

I can't replicate this on Firefox on an iPhone 8+ (iOS 13.1.1). Works fine and as expected.

Last edited:
My point was that this is either an Android bug or a bug with the Android version of Firefox but either way it's not a Xenforo bug.

Right, but Xenforo can't fix a problem that isn't in their software and that can't be replicated consistently. If the problem lies with Android or Firefox, they have to fix it.

• I have a number of people able to replicate this issue. Firefox on iOS does not count as an unsuccessful attempt for the reason I gave above.
  • I am a professional web developer and almost every browser inconsistency/bug has a viable workaround.
I'm a little confused at what is going on here--neither of you are XF developers, right? If you aren't going to try to reproduce the issue or provide a workaround, then I don't understand why you would post at all. I don't have time to chitchat.

1. This is the "community forum" where XF users attempt to help other XF users. If the fact that we have tried to help annoys you, submit a support ticket. That way, you won't have other users like us wasting your precious time.

2. I did attempt to reproduce the issue above and reported that the problem did not exist on iOS and that therefore the problem must lie with Android or the Android version of Firefox Mobile.

3. As @Mendalla has stated above, given that this is not a Xenforo problem and involves other software over which Xenforo has no control, it is unlikely that XF developers can do anything to help you. If you prefer to hear that "from the horse's mouth", submit a ticket.

Excuse me, while I appreciate you are both trying to help which is always very much appreciated and within the spirit of what this forum is about, claims that any given issue is one that we won't or can't fix aren't helpful.

While that can be the case, as not everything has a reasonable workaround, that should be commented on by us once we've had an opportunity to confirm that for certain.

I can reproduce this as well on Android with Firefox.

But does not seem to happen on froala.com (which is usin Froala 3.1.0 vs. 2.9.5 wich is used by XenForo so this issue might already be addressed in newer Froala versions).

Top Bottom